The blessing and the curse ...

The blessing and the curse ...

A Chapter by stranger-n-life
"

the role of non-Jewish Israelites in scripture ...

"
Deut 30:1 ¶ And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
...
6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
Israel agreed to the curse upon them for breaking the old covenant and yet curiously few of Israel have noticed that God grew tired of ritual sacrifices which had become mechanical, not spiritual :-

Isaiah 1:13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
But Israel has almost suffered long enough the anger of god for their disobedience to Him, it surely is time for Israel to recognise that the NEW covenant was given to THEM, no-one else ... Jer 31:31-34

St Paul, Jewish saint of the new covenant explains that the new covenant is with those whose fathers broke the old covenant [Heb 8:8-9]

It is surely time to realise that the old covenant did not serve to cause many to follow what God requires of men , perfection of love...

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
God has said who will be the first redeemed at the return of the Messiah and they are all descendants of Jacob , named by his sons, the leaders of the tribes of Israel ...Rev 7:3-8

But Israel is not first by merit of keeping the old covenant, because that has failed men if it were meant to redeem men [rather than show men that they cannot keep a creed even to save themselves]

No, Israel is first simply because God had to name some people in prophecy else it would not be prophecy,and He chose Israel , so now they are unconditionally accepted, but NOT without repentance, not without even more suffering as God perfects love in the few saints of Israel He WILL take first...

And that is the point, there is only a small remnant of Israel taken by the Messiah first, clearly God cannot perfect the love of the dead !

Many of Israel have died sinners and many of Israel today will also die sinners , not perfected in love in this life ...

Thus even those who are Jews do not know that they will betaken at the return of the Messiah , and much of Israel is unknown, many from the tribes have been living as gentiles for some three millennia now, not all have memory or traces of their ancestry dating back to Jacob... many have lived in idolatry all this time :-

Deuteronomy 28:64 And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
God thus scattered Israel amongst ALL nations, not just the Jews , but the Northern kingdom too, the House of Israel...

Now the Jews and some of the Northern kingdom have kept or returned or come to Judaism and thus maintained their knowledge that they are Israel , but other parts of the tribes stayed with idolatry as Moses asserts above... thus there si a vast 'nation' of Israelites out there who are not recognisable as Jews , do not keep Judaism ...

The prime task of the Messiah is NOT the firstfruit few , the 144,000, but the unification of ALL Israel into one holy nation of priests to serve as ministers and kings in the redemption of the masses of gentiles afterward, in the kingdom of God come to all men...

Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
It is Moses then who said this , and Jeremiah who showed Israel the new covenant ... it is a mistake then to have rejected the Messiah simply because 'christianity of sinners' invented by Rome has the WRONG story about Jesus/Y'shua ... reject modern apostate 'christianity' by all means , since it is obviously false to scripture [despite saying it agrees with scripture!] , but that is no reason at all to reject the Messiah ..

The significance of the 'lost' part of Israel, those who do not keep Judaism , was given by Moses too :-

Deuteronomy 32:21 ... I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
Was Moses talking in riddles here? ... How can a nation not be a people ?

Yet the House of Israel DID cease to be a people , unlike the 'Jews' who held together as a people because of Judaism :-

Isaiah 7:8 For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it benot a people.
We know that Ephraim then did not return to any form of Judaism , else they would be recognised as a people, as Jews ... but God still sees teh House of Israel as a nation and sent the Messiah to reach them FIRST so that they could make the Jews jealous, as Moses prophesied , with knowledge of the still-awaited Jewish Messiah!
Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

Jeremiah 50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray,

Psalms 119:176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

Amos 9:9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; andone king shall be king to themall: and theyshall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any moreat all:

The teaching then comes BACK to the Jews by their rejected cousins, the House of Israel, simply because God says it will happen that way ...

Note that the Jews have never ceased to be a people , and still do not mostly accept anyone as being of Israel who does not keep some semblance of Judaism... but Judaism is not the criterion of Israel, descent from Jacob is ...

Jeremiah witnesses that the Jews have gone astray in Judaism, and we know the House of Israel went astray in idolatry ... the coming together of ALL the tribes is thus a reproof of religious creeds held by BOTH nations in coming to be one holy nation led by the truth of the Messiah under the new covenant with Israel , with both Houses [Jer 31:31-34]

The lost nation who are not currently regarded as Jews will thus be holy alongside the Jews of today eventually :-

1Pet 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

The main 'obstacle' to this understanding that scripture is ONE truth of God is that modern sinner 'christianity' tried to write the Jews out of their inheritance under God... impossible of course ... but that is why 'christianity' went wrong, trying to ignore the OT...

the Jews fared little better though and have tried to reject the criticism by God of their creedal ritualistic religion through their own prrophets and still very much cling to the old covenant and simply ignore that Jeremiah told them about the new covenant even before the Messiah came...

The solution may be to simply stop ignoring the new covenant and the JEWISH saints of the new covenant who witness the future of Israel in the NT ...

The curse is almost over , thank God for His mercy on Israel, but it will not be over until the Jews stop clinging to the old covenant and acknowledge THEIR new covenant ...

Sadly the prophecy is that Israel will yet again suffer terrible slaughter in the Holy Land [for taking it by force when God has said that He alone will GIVE it to Israel eventually] , one last almost unbelievable slaughter of sinful Israel, before God turns to slaughter all other nations for their sin [much of it against Israel , for millennia]

The curse still has terrible consequences which Israel agreed with god under their old covenant, it truly is nearly time for them to see that they have a new one and the old one is a way of death because they cannot please God with their inability to keep it...

The blessing awaits the truth from the House of Israel making the Jews jealous for their Messiah.... how long Lord?


© 2010 stranger-n-life


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
Added on April 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 17, 2010

The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Bible...


Author

stranger-n-life
stranger-n-life

London, Wildlands, United Kingdom



About
A poet , looking inside and out for relations to the spirit of love that is so far 'above' this world ... truth of heart that tears apart the lies which many folks, for now, live by ... from which .. more..

Writing