Amen

Amen

A Poem by Olando Lucas

Amen

This morning I felt the mercy of my God as I open my eyes and inhaled the sweet molecular elements that are needed so that we are able to breath.

So at the moment I went to my knees and prayed the sweetest prayer that was needed so that I could make it through the day and possibly the week.

Because truth be told, someone, somewhere, didn't open their eyes this morning. Truth be told someone, somewhere, is breathing their last ounce of the sweet nectars of this life while screaming and begging to the heavens that this journey that they are about to take is a journey to their new life.

--

So this day, as I walk into the unknown, I promise I will struggle no more with the worldly sins that I have before.

I will send my prayers up to the heavens for the ones that need them the most; I will send my love to the ones that has already gone to see Him at His throne.

This is the day that I travel the road that will lead me to my one true home. I will ride the yellow brick road on the back of a bus, that short yellow bus, while holding my baby girl because I promise her from day one that it will be just us.

We will ride the oxymoron, stereotypical bus ride to the gates of heaven if we must. I know you are only three today, but one day you will be eleven and so on.

So let me reflect on this metaphor for a moment. Okay, now I'm finish and I just realized that the back of this bus is not the start of the end, we must all remember that the first in line is usually the one who will never win.

So let me just pray, thank you angels on earth, you brought the light to my day.

© 2015 Olando Lucas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015