What Has Become of us

What Has Become of us

A Poem by Olando Lucas

What Has Become Of Us?

What has become of us? This world is so different than the thoughts of my childhood memories. Where friends were my friends and only time was my enemy. Now time is still the same foe that it always has been, but now the complications of this life have become times fraternal twin.

What has become of us?  The words that we speak are spoken in a tone of disgust, the sight that we see are sprinkled by hate and covered with powder from an invisible brush. We have ventured into a place where no lover shall go, and the only occupancy is a resident named Mr. Iwilltakeyoursoul.

What has become of us?  Where have the leaders on this earth departed too? Where in this world have all the Malcolm X’s, Marcus Garvey’s, or Angela Davis’ all gone too? We have been, left here to listen to the words of the so called leaders for the “cause”. They lead in front of lights of the new world and they only show up when the darkness has begun to fall.

What has become of us? We have become a faint shadow of who we use to be, we are no longer Titans of the world, we have become monsters beneath the seas. We have given up on ourselves, but we punish the ones that succeed.  The gifts of this world are given to the children of God, only to be taken away from those children by devouring their faith in God, and tainting the blood that they bleed.

So, what has become of us? The truth is all we know, we have sealed our fate, now it is time that we take back all the gifts that the worldly people have stolen from us, such as our culture, our history, and our self-worth. Then in the history book it will read “These are the people who were once not heard, they stood fast in their faith now they have been properly returned proudly to the land, this land called “Earth” ”. The question will not be asked anymore of what has become of us? For reasons are unknown; the world will know and most of all our people will know.   

© 2015 Olando Lucas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015