Silence

Silence

A Poem by Olando Lucas



Silence

If I keep quiet will that solve the problems that persist in my present? Would the silence be the solution to the pathway of my future endeavors?

I must laugh, because if I'm silent then who will speak the truth to a society where a silent lie sound so much better. Who will fight the battles so that the dreams of our children’s future will flourish?  Will the dreams sweat, and tears of our forefathers evaporate from the heat of the sun?

Now silence my sons and daughters and let your father speak. Listen to my words as I cry these tears that I will never let you see. I have been raped of my years, time and parts of my identity. This world has molested my mind, it has taken everything within me to pick myself back up and recover my sanity.

Now look at me, the man that stands in front of you. I shall promise that my struggles will not exist within your souls; my tribulations will only be a small speck on your big screen of life. I need you to know that I suffered the things that I have, so that you will have a better life.

So I say, be quiet no more, speak loud and raise hell on this earth, until heaven open its doors. Now go out into this world, be more than I ever was. Scream at the top of your lungs “because of the pains of my mother and the struggles of my father I will not be silent No More

© 2015 Olando Lucas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015