shine

shine

A Poem by Olando Lucas

Shine

I will shine in the midst of these dark times. 60 volts of watts is equivalent to half of the time of this life I have lived, the number only represent these years I have cried.

I will shine bright as the sun on a hot sunny day, even when the gun shoots me down and my body lay for hours for the whole world to see.

I will shine even when the electric bill is not paid, and there is no light to guide me on my way.

I will shine like the pot at the end of a rainbow, even as I walk around with pockets filled with stones, illusion of wealth is trapped by the reality of empty pockets that are filled with fool’s gold.

I will shine because I have no choice but to shine, my life has been polished, wiped down, and refined.

I will shine until my light goes dim, until my eyes start to close, and lips become stiff.

I will shine my light until my last days on this sphere; until it stops twisting and turning my light will shine here. The light I have will transition the dark words that might seem cold to the touch; the light from these words will be food for the soul and will fill us all up. Then darkness of my life will be the light to your dreams, and then the passion of my heart will be the antidote to the nightmares that we all see.

© 2015 Olando Lucas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015