All I want is the American Dream

All I want is the American Dream

A Poem by Olando Lucas

 

All I Want Is the American Dream

To say that you see anger in my face, that would be an understatement. People get angry when their child breaks a cup or the light that was just green turns red while you’re stuck behind that big rig truck. Which is moving to slow through the light while you are screaming “will you hurry the f- up”? But this face here is not anger it is something we could call my American sense of humor expression.

But truth be told all is well in my mind’ although I'm tired of being sick and tired, and I am not about to explain myself to another translucent being.  About what is going on in my mind, that believe that if they cover their hate with a white sheet that two hundred plus years will be swept away like the body of a black male falling victim to the police.  

These God fearing, church going, sanctified demons, thinks that they have this world beat. But I say “Hell no!” I have stopped caring about the odds that they say are against me, and the ones that I will have to overcome if I shall succeed. I know a woman that parachuted into the concrete jungle to a place where people say it doesn’t rain but it thunders. I still have the vision in my head of her singing “it never rains in southern California.” She did this with no education or no degree, did I forget to mention she carried a back pack with three little souls screaming “I am scared mommy.”

Now she is drifting in the clouds saying “Degree now” and “ODDs, WHO?” So to be real I would be less of a man to sit here and cry about the way things stand with my life as of today. I don't care about no roadblocks because I am going to take the road that has been least traveled and has a sign posted stating “No Trespassing allowed” which really means “n****s stay out”.

I will be armed with no guns but a suitcase full of ammunition that will be fired at anyone that feels that they will take what I rightfully deserve or better yet, try to corrupt the innocent minds of my offspring. I will be damned if I allow for the Godly reproduction of me to lie dead in the streets while people pretend that the travesties that just happen, is something that they did not see.

I swear to the heavens that vengeance will be mine. Before that happens let me take my time to express my views so that the whole world could see. Just because you view my youth as less educated, or better yet. Less than a human, that does not mean that they do not still deserve justice and live a life of peace. Within the same light, you view proceed to view me as educated you but pretend to not hear me say “if they die you better believe I will fight their battles each and every day.” I don't need TV to motivate my cause, because you will see me in the streets at night with a tattoo on my face that shines, “I promote a damn good cause.” As bright as the sunlight with words that are written in blood saying to the evil ones that “ If my people do not receive any justice tonight, then someone will pay tonight and with that said some of us, I mean some of you must pray tonight”.

© 2015 Olando Lucas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015