The Paradoxical Mystery of Love

The Paradoxical Mystery of Love

A Poem by StunnedByGrace

Can you see the Baby bound for life, wrapped in grave clothes for his death?

Can you see his fragile body cradled in a straw-padded throne - a wooden manger hewn from a beautiful tree that he created?

Can you see as another tree falls to the axe of human sin and is thoughtlessly formed by an unknown carpenter’s hand into an instrument of certain, merciless death " the cross?

Can you hear this lifeless, life-changing emblem groan as it humbly awaits the divine appointment with its pierced designer?

Can you hear, as in silence, the way it mournfully muses upon how its grain must be stained by a precious scarlet ransom flowing freely yet triumphantly from the willing, sacrificial source of Life?

Can you see the power in weakness, the victory in defeat and the exaltation in humility?

Can you see the glory under suffering and the innocence under guilt " or the holiness under the curse and the life in death?

Can you see the invisible picture of the mystery of God’s love for an unloving world?

Can you feel both the warm, touchless embrace of his everlasting arms and the imperceptible beating of his heart within yours?

Can you hear the inaudible whisper of his reassuring voice speaking not to your ears or your mind but to your heart?   ‘I love you.’

 

© 2013 StunnedByGrace


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this poem! The paradox lives and breathes for me as I read it and yes I can, indeed, hear Him whisper to me, too! I'll read more of your poetry! Peace to as you journey through Lent!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

StunnedByGrace

11 Years Ago

Thank you! I will read yours as well!
I love this! God's perfect son, sent to save us (Yeshua, Jesus). His perfect love sent from above to make is hole and one with Him once again. Your photo goes perfect with your poem Gus. Blessings.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Solid Rock

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for posting this. Your writings are truly blessing me.
StunnedByGrace

11 Years Ago

Thanks, Rabbi!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 21, 2013
Last Updated on February 24, 2013
Tags: Religious, christian

Author

StunnedByGrace
StunnedByGrace

Leominster, MA



About
I am a disciple of Yeshua the Messiah. I enjoy writing, singing, nature and sharing the love of God. The land of Israel and her people have captured my heart. more..

Writing