Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by L.A.

Chapter Fifteen

 

     "I cannot believe this," Stacey snapped as she slapped her lunchbox down on the table next to Lydia.

     "What?" Lydia asked, slightly scared. She had never seen Stacey like this before.

     "Francie's mom and her little friend, Claira's, dad are getting married." Stacey couldn't hide the bitterness in her voice.

     Lydia shrugged. "So?"

     "They're becoming sisters!" Stacey screeched. "It's the first text message I get from Francie in a month, to find out she has a new sister! I mean, what the devil?!"

     "Calm down, Stace," Lydia said. "I don't understand why you're so upset over Francie having a sister."

     "I never became sisters with Francie!" Stacey blurted, throwing her arms up wildly in the air as she spoke. "This new best friend of hers is taking things to a whole new level."

     "Well, it looks to me like you're just jealous," Lydia declared quietly.

     "Jealous?!" Stacey yelped. "I am not jealous!" But the more she thought about it, the more she realized that she was jealous of Claira for becoming closer to Francie.

     "Okay, fine, maybe I am," Stacey admitted. "But I'm not even invited to the wedding!"

     Lydia tossed her an amused glance. "Ya think? It's all the way in California, duh."

     "Oh. Right." Stacey felt embarrassed.

     There was silence for awhile. Then Lydia asked, "You know what you should do?"

     "What?"

     "You should try to put your jealousy aside and feel happy for Francie," she suggested. "I mean, just look at the situation from Francie's point of view. She's going to have a father again."

     "Hm, she is, isn't she?" Stacey mused, thinking it over. "And a new sister to keep her from feeling lonely."

     "Exactly!" Lydia grinned. "C'mon, Stace. It isn't so bad, is it?"

     "I guess." Stacey shrugged. She checked her watch. "Anyway, it's time to head out to recess. Let's go." The two stood up, threw their scraps away, and walked out the door hand-in-hand.

 

 

     After school, Lydia went to Stacey's house like she usually did. The two did their homework, and complained about the four-page science packet Mr. Howard assigned them. Then they went outside for a little bit to mess around at the dock.

     The friends had just comfortably seated themselves at the end of the fishing platform when Stacey's phone rang. Upon checking the caller ID, she exclaimed, "Francie!" and picked it up immediately.

     "Hey France. Sup?" she asked.

     "Oh, um." Francie sounded slightly taken aback.

     "Congrats on the wedding and everything, by the way," Stacey said. "I know it means a lot to you."

     "Thanks," Francie replied. "Well, I called you to announce some rather...unexpected...news."

     "What is it?" Stacey leaned forward in anticipation.

     "Uhh....er...," Francie stuttered. Finally she burst out, "I'm moving back to Florida!"

     Stacey almost fell face-first into the water. "WHAT?!"

     "Yep."

     "Holy crap, that's great!" Stacey gushed. "But why?"

     "Let's just say that Bill has a lot of money," Francie told her, "And after Mom marries him, she's going to have that money too. So, they told me and Claira that we could move back to Miami, if we wanted."

     "I...I don't know what to say." Stacey grinned from ear to ear.

     "I didn't, either, at first." Francie laughed. "Anyway, I've got to go. Claira's going to be here at any moment."

     All of a sudden, in the background, Stacey could hear a door opening and a crazy voice saying, "Howdy!"

     "Looks like she's here. Well, see ya," Francie said.

     "Bye." Stacey hung up and shoved her phone back into her pocket.

     "What was that about?" Lydia asked, very interested.

     "Francie's coming back!" Stacey's arms flew around her friend's neck, as they hugged.

     Lydia was shocked. Her eyes filled with tears. "Am I going to be replaced?" she thought worriedly.

     Stacey stood up, and Lydia did the same. They started the long bike ride home, and it seemed like all Stacey babbled on and on about was Francie. Lydia occassionally added in a few "Mhm"s and nods, and acted joyful, but really didn't feel very happy at all. The feeling of fitting in at her new school and having new friends was gone. She knew that once Francie returned, Stacey would forget everything that happened between her and Lydia.



© 2010 L.A.


Author's Note

L.A.
Finished this chapter, finally, after a year :D!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
Added on February 20, 2010
Last Updated on December 20, 2010
Tags: chapter, fifteen, 15, changes, can, be, good, laura


Author

L.A.
L.A.

IL



About
Hopefully a better person than I used to be. I don't write nearly as often as I should, but I'll try to post when I can. UPDATE: A lot of this writing is now outdated. Proceed at your own risk.. more..

Writing
My Beatrice My Beatrice

A Poem by L.A.


Alfonso Alfonso

A Poem by L.A.


2 AM 2 AM

A Poem by L.A.