Pro-Science Billboards Erected in Sioux Falls

Pro-Science Billboards Erected in Sioux Falls

A Story by Subalathans
"

Eighteen billboards have been planned to be erected across Sioux Falls, starting on Monday, November 6, 2017. Five static billboards have been erected on West 12th, 2 digital boards on South Cliff Av

"
Sioux Falls, SD, November 08, 2017 /PressReleasePing/ - Sioux Falls Atheists announced their anti-religion indoctrination billboard campaign to help raise awareness for what they describe as "child mental mutilation" across America. In light of an 11 year old girl from India who just won a $25,000 award as "America's Top Young Scientist", she would never have been able to do this if she believed the religious teachings that run contrary to scientific facts.
Eighteen billboards have been planned to be erected across Sioux Falls, starting on Monday, November 6, 2017. Five static billboards have been erected on West 12th, 2 digital boards on South Cliff Ave, and 1 digital billboard Minnesota Ave., with another 5 more static billboards to be erected along Minnesota Avenue on November 20th, 2017. The billboards, funded through a local non-theistic (atheist, agnostic, humanist and freethinker) and secular-friendly group�"the Sioux Falls Atheists�"deliver timely and poignant messages regarding religions' indoctrinating children against scientific discourse and facts with anti-science claims such as there is no such thing as evolution, the planet Earth is only 6,000 years old, or that dinosaurs and human beings lived at the same time.
Dale Hemming, president of Sioux Falls Atheists, spoke openly against what he described as "child mental mutilation". "The anti-scientific teachings espoused by creationists are outright lies and have no business being taught in our education institutions to our nation's future!" said Hemming. "Some religious used to burn people at the stake for not accepting their "orthodox" teaching such as the earth is flat, that the sun circles the earth, or that the earth is the center of the universe."
Hemming added, "Science disproved religious claims and it has demonstrated that religious pseudo-science is factually incorrect. By using the scientific method, it has been proved that evolution is true, that the Earth is over 4 billion years old, and that dinosaurs and human beings never lived at the same time. These are now accepted as facts and this is the content that should continue to be taught in our school's curriculum, and not an attempt to covertly sneak religious beliefs and dogma through the back door."
Hemming concluded, "When religions are allowed to teach non-scientific falsehoods to children, it leads to child mental mutilation. Teaching things that are unproven to children cripples them mentally, often for life. It leaves them incapable of dealing with the real world, and yet there are other countries in the world that boldly and honestly embrace and teach scientific facts. It's the opinion of Sioux Falls Atheists that there are few crimes more deplorable than the deliberate mutilation of a child's mind. It ranks right up there with physical or sexual abuse of a child, which also often mentally cripples a child for life. As there can be no excuse for child mental mutilation, let's ensure that religion stays in the houses of worship, and out of our classrooms."
# # #
Sioux Falls Atheists (SFA) (www.siouxfallsatheists.com) is a home for open-minded non-believers such as atheists, agnostics, and humanists, and as well as other open-minded persons of non-traditional beliefs such as Buddhism and Wicca. SFA's website provides news articles, statistics, movies, courses and books that relate to atheism, agnosticism, and humanism. Located in Sioux Falls, SD, the Sioux Falls Atheists have meetings and social gatherings where individuals meet, share ideas, and support each other. Sioux Falls Atheists is a cooperating member of the South Dakota Coalition of Reason.
South Dakota Coalition of Reason (South Dakota CoR www.SouthDakotaCoR.org) is a is proactive partnership of 9 theist, Free-Thought advocate, and Humanist groups working together across the state of South Dakota with a clear vision to foster a sense of community for the Secular among them, and to raise the visibility of their efforts for those who have not yet found a Secular community through which they can thrive and feel welcome.
United Coalition of Reason (UnitedCoR, www.UnitedCoR.org), headquartered in Washington, DC is committed to promoting science and reason, nurturing unity and developing cooperation within local communities. UnitedCoR donates time, resources and cutting-edge technology to help a variety of local non-theistic groups grow their presence, expand their outreach and present a positive face for non-theism by doing good together.
# # #
For more information, contact:
Dale Hemming
Founder and President Sioux Falls Atheists
(605) 271-0334
Press Contact:
Mr Dale Hemming
President
Sioux Falls Atheists
Sioux Falls, SD
(605) 271-0334
http://www.siouxfallsatheists.com/

© 2017 Subalathans


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on November 9, 2017
Last Updated on November 9, 2017