Only Skin Deep

Only Skin Deep

A Poem by Iota

I have to wonder did I learn this truth or

was it innately given to me before birth

past down from generations of ancestral men

who suffered from the very same affliction

 

I am guilty, guilty as all sinful sin!

 

like Medusa’s curse one look and my heart stops

I am frozen in time when she is merely walking by

my breath rate is in tune with the vibrant dips of her raspberry hips

there is no one else, no earth beneath my feet

the sky is a void of colorless existence

she becomes everything even greater than God himself

it is her scent as she whisks by me

that snaps me back into the land of the living

so sweet!  it is more satisfying than Godiva’s chocolate

my knees buckle from the after affect of her presence

and all I can muster is this whisper

 

“Damn she’s so damn…..  sexy!”  tasting blood from biting my lips

 

that’s my first complete coherent cognitive thought

since I first had the pleasure of seeing her

I am guilty, guilty as all sinful sin!

for first loving a woman just based on her skin

I would rather die of starvation

then to go blind and never see her again

 

I have to wonder did I learn how to lust after women

or was it innately a part of me before birth

past down from generations of ancestral men

who loved women at first glance

the only cure for this affliction

is to fall deeply in love with only one

 

I am guilty, guilty as sinful sin!

 

the consequences of loving her only skin deep

is the same as seeing heaven and never ever experiencing it

© 2010 Iota


Author's Note

Iota
If you never get past someones exterior you will never know the heaven you are missing knowing them from the inside out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When someone is so beautiful it is hard to slow down and listen to her thoughts. When we are overtaken by passion we may forget to listen and truly understand someone. I like the lesson of your words. I tell the kids walk slow and easy into a relationship. Have long talks and great trips to discover what is inside the beautiful skin. A outstanding poem. Very powerful and a strong story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
WOW!! Totally awesome here, so beautiful and passionate

Posted 5 Years Ago


Your writing is transformative, moving between the physical, emotional and spiritual with ease and taking me on that ride. To be craved with such passion.....Wow!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Well said, this is an amazing write! I must agree, it is not just the outer beauty, but what is beneath it that is the best part, my favorite lines are the last two. Thank You so much :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


The last line seems almost like an apology for seeing this girl in such a way. This kind of love is safer and more reliable. But everything has its flaws. The poem itself isn't flawless, but the nature of what it is saying is important and dealt with intelligently, lending an honest voice to this "sinful sin"; and also perhaps to a secret silent male enclave who know the experience all too well - whether single or married, ugly or handsome. I believe that most beauty is only skin deep and therefore the appreciation of it at a distance has virtue all in itself.
I liked reading this because of its identity, and although I'm not sure whether I agree with it or not, the last line is a great one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I remember reading a saying, a quote...something, along the lines where it equates beauty with god, like everything else...love is divine...etc.
I'm probably getting too nerdy, anyway, I never thought of writing an erotic poem, but now I am tempted.
The writing in this genre is phenomenal, so passionate, intense and sensual.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Beauty is only skin deep" might be the traditional way of looking at things, but in this day and age, beauty is multidimensional, multifaceted, and it spans indefinitely. Having said that, a person is definitely missing out if they do not dwell deeper and get past the looks, but you are not wrong for loving her "based on her skin"; it gives credence to "fatal attraction".

She must have been something to have eclipsed the greatness of God, but that's for your eyes to know and for us to wonder :P
The only thing that was a little amiss was "than Godiva’s chocolate". It came across as corny to me. I'm sure you can come up with much sweeter than your local Godiva chocolate.

Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

People always believe that beauty if a gift, one that if you have it you should be so thankful for it, but I think that it must be hard to have so much beauty it blinds people and they don't past your shell to your soul, to your being. Don't get me wrong looks are important, I'm not pushing that aside, but there's something stronger in a persons being, something that doesn't fade with beauty or looks, and that is what makes a persons inside so beautiful. Reading this was an experience that I wouldn't take back, you've given me a new perspective on some things. Great write!
-Cathrine

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is a poignant and very sharp self reflection~ lust has its place as does love~ both have a thousand different nuances and textures~ we stumble through one to get to the other only to sometimes fall back with a rush into the momentary rush of that skin thang'~ and that's alright too~
here is a captivating glimpse into a man's mind and heart and body opened with pure integrity~
primal days were rooted in primal passions~ though we've evolved to some extent~ the core of us remains the same~layers of evolution bump us over into a new frame of being where skin is no longer enough to satisfy the whole individual~
thank you for this journey through the honest and clear planes of expression~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this write tastes so good
for me it describes the mental, emotional and spiritual struggles of living as a fleshly mere human

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely poem. It is hard to keep your eyes off a beautiful woman especially when she wear confidence along with her sexiness. Outstanding, I felt all the emotions.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1544 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2010
Last Updated on July 21, 2010
Tags: Women Beauty Men

Author

Iota
Iota

Cordova, TN



About
Click Image to Enlarge Adult Image Hosting Many consider me to be an erotic poet, but there is much more to me than erotica. I have to be inspired to write so most of my work is inspired by list.. more..

Writing
What I Need What I Need

A Poem by Iota


Lost Friendship Lost Friendship

A Poem by Iota



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Muse Muse

A Poem by Robin


Wordilicious Wordilicious

A Poem by Robin


Alice blue Alice blue

A Poem by Robin