In a Market

In a Market

A Story by sudarsan

The summer has started and the people who were roaming in the market for getting stuff for the home are very tired of getting that. Many carry their umbrella and few find a corner shade inside the market. The sun was bright and Neela was carrying her bag with a full load of vegetables and she covered it with a cotton cloth on the top. 

'Please move ahead fast, I can't hold it up more,' cried out Neela, with sweat all over her face. 

Wearing a nylon saree and a footwear which was brought 2 years ago, it was difficult for her to move out carrying the thick bag. The wrists were turning to be painful for her, as the crowd was not moving at a good pace. She wasn't able to find an exit immediately.

In all of a sudden, her fingers were pressed with one more rough and tough hand. She looked up and it was her husband, Rajan. 'Why have you come here now?' she said in aghast. Her hands were paining. Rajan smiled weakly and took the bag of his control. She was relieved inside but didn't show it out. 

'You are coming now and taking the bag. But I only know how much I was held up in market to carry the bag and the stuff for a week.' 

Rajan smiled and moved on. The way now was free from nowhere and Neela was amazed. She was really impressed to feel a breeze of fresh air outside the market in the street. 'So now what? walking to home from here?' said Neela and she felt very tired. He again smiled and didn't speak a bit. Slowly moving towards the corner of the road, he called out for a taxi and one stopped after three passing by.

'Get in queen,' he spoke at last. Neela couldn't resist her smile anymore. She wanted to thank him from her heart. But she simply smiled by seeing him and didn't speak a bit. 

'What now?' he asked smiling at her. Without any words, she held his hand and slowly rested on his shoulders.

'Thank you,' she uttered and gripped his hands more tightly. 

'Have a power nap, you will be tired. I will wake you up once we reach !' uttered Rajan and looked outside the window. 

Neela smiled and closed her eyes. Her heart was filled with repose. 

Even though there is some gap, men will do the needful for a woman to attract them their side. 

© 2016 sudarsan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on June 22, 2016
Last Updated on June 22, 2016
Tags: market

Author

sudarsan
sudarsan

Chennai, India



About
A Fiction writer ! Voracious reader ! more..