You Are Dead To Me.

You Are Dead To Me.

A Poem by stars are far

Nothing could change the fact that your alive, but to me you died, long ago. Our story ended with nothing but love, we left each other and we are strangers again. But nothing can become the same way as it used to be. You’re breathing somewhere, taking your long inhales and releasing those fascinating exhales. Somewhere in this big world, you are laughing and smiling.

Those lands gave you your freedom, and they gave you the happy life I’ve always prayed for you to have. Everything is back to normal without you. Your absence doesn’t bother me, and I can walk past your pictures without a single memory. Do you know why?

One day, I was so angry at you. I was angry at the fact that I don’t belong to you anymore. I arranged your funeral and cried like hell over your death. I saw you being put in your coffin, and I heard them praying for your soul’s purification. I told them I was an old friend of yours, and you’ve always wanted me to be there. I spent forty days following the dead rituals. I killed you in my mind.

You’re dead to me.

You’re not dead because of hate. But I had to kill you in order to keep myself alive. I told my friends that you died, and they believed me. They stood there for my tears and held me until I’m very fine without you. But no one can ever forget the only person who gave them a supper in heaven. No one can ever forget the one human they felt totally alive with. No one can ever forget their first love. Their true love. 

© 2017 stars are far


Author's Note

stars are far
Any feedback?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on December 23, 2017
Last Updated on December 23, 2017

Author

stars are far
stars are far

Tyre, Lebanon



About
you get to meet the real me within my writings. more..

Writing