Done For

Done For

A Poem by Siren

For just that moment, I was strong enough

And then, in a flash, I was weaker than ever

You cut out my heart and watched me bleed

My hatred for you brings me to my knees

Yet you keep stabbing me, blow after blow

And I'm still here, letting you win again and again

I can't do this, can't bear your hands that steal

And I can't forget the memories, the ones that kill

But you won't leave me, you'll haunt me till the end

And all I ever thought you were, was a friend

But then I realized the sick monster within

And I knew, I knew, I was done for then.

© 2012 Siren


Author's Note

Siren
what are your thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
I found the rhyming pattern a bit confusing but the emotion certainly is evident. In reading this I could only hope it's fiction. Each time I had some reservation about word selection, you would follow it with a thought that dissolved the problem. An interesting read that forces a second read to appreciate its message.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sometimes people use our love aginst us. That is pure egocentric evil. Yet we hope they will be infused by our love. When they refuse, it is a choice they have made. Some people, we can only love from afar.
This is a very good release of the pent resentment. I hope it helps you stand tall in the face of adversity. It inspires me in that direction.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Siren

11 Years Ago

i am glad that i was able to inspire you. thank you for reading!
nice poem

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
I found the rhyming pattern a bit confusing but the emotion certainly is evident. In reading this I could only hope it's fiction. Each time I had some reservation about word selection, you would follow it with a thought that dissolved the problem. An interesting read that forces a second read to appreciate its message.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

strong...confident, but harsh....all in all, beautiful

Posted 11 Years Ago


You must know my ex too. Very strong expression here. I loved it. Wish I could mail this to him! :)


Posted 11 Years Ago


did you date my ex? but seriously....this is intensely emotional and full of the heartache and rage of a love undermined by the last person who should have. this is about betrayal and indifference to feelings in the worst way. i felt every last morsel of this write, right down into the very fibre of my being. well done, poet!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome.


Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the honest and direct thoughts in the poem. Sometime we must tell the truth and escape the person. I like the flow of thoughts and the strong ending. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sid
Wow, a really great piece, the pain, the suffering are so vividly described; despite being a short poem it has so much emotion in it and your word choice is spot on. I enjoyed this a lot...great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


AWWWWWWWWW this is absolutly AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
(You cut out my heart and watched me bleed

My hatred for you brings me to my knees)
I really wanted to quote some other lines but then i realizes i'dbe quoting the whole poem!!!!! i loveee this one great job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Siren

11 Years Ago

thank you so much for your enthusiastic review! i appreciate it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2012
Last Updated on November 27, 2012

Author

Siren
Siren

About
Well....if you must know, I (sometimes) live in the real world. I love listening to music because it lets me breathe. I love laughing because it lets me live. I love writing because it lets me (almost.. more..

Writing
Valiant Valiant

A Poem by Siren


Uknown Uknown

A Poem by Siren



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Still there? Still there?

A Poem by Mark