I am 'The Susan'

I am 'The Susan'

A Story by Ambrosia
"

True story as it happened at a coffee house.

"
It would be a normal sight to see the same people at the local coffee house hang out.  I managed to find myself there many nights.  Sometimes alone for hours, sometimes for minutes before a group would form and conversation would take place. 
I had been self employed and a business owner for years. For years I had supported myself with my company.  At one time I employed a handful of people, but I had since trimmed down and it was a 'one woman show'.  You must know this simple fact before I move on with the story. 
I found myself often with the 'geek guys'.  You know them, the ones that sit and talk about bits and bytes and packets and kernels and things that make the normal persons eyes glaze over and brain cells burst. 
Never the less, I was sitting with the 'geek guys' talking SHOP.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw the most spectacular fellow I had seen in a long long time. I almost stuttered as he approached the group and pulled up a chair, brushed his shiny black hair away from his ice blue eyes, lit up a cigarette and listened as one of the guys and I were talking about business and internet. 
He said nothing at first, but then in seconds asked me a few direct business related questions. I flashed back, answering as fast as he could ask them.  Then he said, "What is your name?" 
I said, "Susan." 
He pointed at me and said rather directly, "You are THE SUSAN!"
I blinked. 
Taken aback I said, "The Susan?"
"Yes, the Susan everyone talks about. The one with the successful business."  He then asked more direct and pointed questions. 
I was so taken aback, I said, "You have me at a disadvantage." 
He smiled the greatest smile, his ice blue eyes sparkled and his smile pierced my soul. He put out his hand to shake, "I am Aaron and the pleasure is all mine." 
I shook hand, smiled back and thought to myself, oh no it's not......

© 2014 Ambrosia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, the luxury of a beautiful man pulling up a chair, looking in your eyes and saying he already knows of you...and to have him speak of your accomplishments in such a positive tone right from the start. Yum. Thanks!

Posted 14 Years Ago


OMG! This is a beautiful poem , because I know what you mean, some guys are so gorgeous that sometimes they make us forget our names. I also loved the humor at the end with the wrong name. I love how this poem also has a soft sexuality to it, but I also love and enjoyed the story, because you're really a romantic at heart. This is one of my favorites!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like that. You are the Susan. That mean you are a confident and a woman that had done well. I like the story. Made me smile at the end. A excellent story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 14, 2010
Last Updated on August 29, 2014

Author

Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Dallas, TX



About
I am a myriad of people. Like a multifaceted gem, I sparkle in direct light, reflect when gazed upon and display a rainbow when allowed to shine. more..

Writing
Revelations Revelations

A Story by Ambrosia