The constellation

The constellation

A Story by sushi

I was driving my car with no destination on mind. The heavy traffic signals and headlights of cars faded into the lonely streets with dense trees on both sides. The street lights tried to add a touch of romantic feel but i was busy trying to hide my tears, frustration; trying to take my thoughts away from yesterday night. 
I wonder why i don't find anyone else to blame except me for the situation i face. Why? Why is that i always feel, i could have avoided those moments in life which makes me crawl into a den and fade away from this world.
Just then my phone rang. The name on the display brought happiness and at the same time, fear. I wondered what could be the reason he is calling? Should i attend? Should i be happy that he called or worried? Am i in trouble now? But there was one thing i was sure of, I should attend this call before he hangs up. Yes, i should attend it and i will. 
I attended the call but kept silence to hear his voice first. This voice, was calm; very calm like sound of some breeze playing with a wind chime. I was happy. He was very confident and clear to his point. "Where are you now? Busy?" Even if i was at that moment i would have said no, so the  obvious response was "No, Im not busy. Say!!! Nice to hear from you"
He wanted to meet me in person and talk. When he learned my location, he said its closer to his house and he knew a good place where we could have dinner. It was just like a dream sequence. But just then this Cinderella realized that she has been driving wearing a torn jean and slaggy top which would not be appropriate for any of the places he was listing out. I had driven so far from my house that going back just to change was difficult. These are the moments when i actually wish fairy god mother to be true. If it was, i need not worry about my dress before saying "Yes" and that my Nano would turn into a luxurious Benz ride. 
The realty check wasn't so bad. The plan changed to fast food. At 10pm im driving by his instructions, to where he was waiting. The smile could't fade away even if i desperately wanted it to. It was a very unique experience, hard to explain. I kept on driving by his instructions, giving him the details of what i see ahead and commenting as i try to find the landmarks he was giving me. And the moment he said, take the left at 500m, you will find a guy in white by the benches waiting for you; i couldn't control my happiness of seeing him nor the smile which his words brought on my face. It was a google map instruction "take the left at 500m". I find every word of his funny and even thought of him makes me forget things that trouble.
I parked my car to the left near a tree and got down to talk to him. We kept talking, but still the heart was not content. We kept walking sharing about the memories we cherish a lot. He did most of the talking and I lived those memories along with him. I remember when he sang a Justin's song "if i was your boyfriend....", I looked at him in shock. After a silence of seconds, he said i like this song a lot what about you. Not knowing the best reply i smiled and to myself i said "Me too.... ".
We walked till the roads couldn't find it's way ahead. Ahead of us was a dead end. A fence which said no trespassing, a single street light behind us and nothing till far the eyes could reach. Besides me he stood in dilemma whether to hold my hands or not. I looked into those eyes which sparkled and said to myself to just go ahead. I held his hand with a smile. He too smiled. He raised his other hand towards the sky, pointing to a distant constellation and said Orion. The night sky was sparkling with its huge collection of jewels. The lack of lights near us made the dark sky mesmerizing. My heart missed a beat and so did his. There I was staring at the star he was pointing as he held me closer spreading the warmth to survive the cold night. 

© 2017 sushi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I see a lot of promise and talent in your writing. This writing seems to be very much inspired from personal experiences. As I can guess you have started writing not so long ago, I would suggest keep reviewing for the grammatical errors before posting. I know we all get excited when something so moving comes up and publish it as soon as possible. Even I used to do that. But reviewing always gives a final touch to an already beautiful story. All the best. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 19, 2017
Last Updated on January 19, 2017

Author

sushi
sushi

Pune, India



About
I landed here in an attempt to be myself and put out the thoughts in my mind. Its not some diary pages i scribble for the sake of writing, its my memories. Few, which i would preserve close to my h.. more..

Writing
Like a Song Like a Song

A Poem by sushi


Let's Breakup Let's Breakup

A Story by sushi