Finding My Flow

Finding My Flow

A Poem by Yours Truly
"

Was trying not to think too hard while I wrote this.

"
What's going on
Does anybody know
I keep questioning s**t-
Trying to find my flow

I want to do something right
Have no regrets
But I live by the day-
Hurt'in with debts

I want to help more
Know the right words to say
But I can't even seem to-
Find my own way

Do you understand
What I'm talking about
Some days are good-
And others I have a doubt

I'm skipping around
Like my mind goes
With my thoughts-
Does it ever show

I keep questioning s**t
When I'm feel'in like this
I've already let go-
But there's things I miss

© 2015 Yours Truly


Author's Note

Yours Truly
Hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The flow is not quite symmetrical, so to speak...lol...I mean, from verse to verse, the rhyme scheme and rhythm could do with a bit of fixing...

But I know what you mean - about the flow. It does not always come - I would call the opposite of the flow, writer's block.

If you are just planning to write for fun, or when there is no one around (like 90% of people on WC) then enjoy that.

But if you are planning to be published one day, then writer's block, or that "flow" is a major impediment to success.......:)

Good luck...it gets better after a few decades...:P

Posted 7 Years Ago


Straight from the heart and simply expressed, v nice indeed.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is absolutely wonderful!! Finding your flow is difficult to do, thank you for this thought provoking piece. It will certainly be on my mind throughout the day.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Beautiful and I do like not just the words but your deep cravings in the trees of the forest around the world. The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves. Its all about just spinning around in grace in your meadows of beauty, love, pain, wishes, desires, hope, and most importantly the present moment of simply picking your flower to hang out of your ears, that compliments your eyes and soul with its dandelion inside your home of meaningful confusion. What makes this universe so beautiful and full of surprises every time. Poetry is what we have as human beings the language of the soul.

Do you understand
What I'm talking about
Some days are good-
And others I have a doubt

Your messages are a rare melody. Each bird has its own colorful patterns and melody to sing to the world of love. Check out W.S Merwin Unknown Bird. It takes a pathway to see what needs to be see. Keep writing and know the universe is just a mirror effect reflecting what's inside of you. Keep walking the path to enlightenment my friend. Sincerely your friend in poetry and life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Another fine write:) you have placed here:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Your poem flows... So I guess you found it... a nice read!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like your poem. It's like you got to take the good with bad. But, still it's hard to control our feelings. Your poem does a nice job illustrating this. The poems well written and flows nicely. Good job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Yours Truly

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Francis! But yes it can be, your words are very true..
Some days are good, some are bad. It's difficult.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Definitely can relate. Great read, thank for posting

Posted 8 Years Ago


In the hop scotch of my mind the stone falls into oblivion...nice poem:D

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

439 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2015
Last Updated on September 21, 2015
Tags: Question, hurt, love, miss, flow, help

Author

Yours Truly
Yours Truly

TX



About
I love to write when I'm upset, it's my kinda therapy. I've always kinda wondered what people would think of my writing, but I've never really put it out there. I would like to become better with my w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Loving You Loving You

A Poem by Meghan


pain pain

A Poem by M