Destroyer

Destroyer

A Story by Suzuki Writes
"

the King Midas of destruction.

"

The cemented wall against my back is cold. The muscles in my body fights against every drop of temperature. My skin hardens to prevent losing warmth. I can feel my pelvis colliding against the pine wood floor, aching from keeping still. There’s tingling, which gradually creeps upwards from my right foot and before I can bring movement into my toes, I can feel it plaguing my whole leg. Cringing, I squeeze my hands under my thighs, tearing it away from the floor. There is a constant stinging sensation in the back of my thigh as it peels away from the wood. Using the little energy remaining in my biceps, I lift upwards until my feet can find the stable ground and before me, I bring my knees. I repeat with my left foot and find that with every movement, my pelvis grinded inwards, from the pressure against the hard floor.

I lean forward; my stomach resting flat on the front of my thighs; my head, on top of my knee. The movement programmed within me takes over, and before I know it, I find myself rocking back and forth. Forth and back. Until the childhood memories of the rocking horse is all that fills my mind, easing my body. My eyes dart to everywhere around the room until it rests on the forbidden - my hands. No. I pull my gaze away from the unspeakable, which then, with extra force, breaks away to land on nothingness. I lift my heavy head and bring my eyeballs to shift it’s focus to blur, in front of me.

Caught in a trance, I realize not my hands trembling as I bring them before me. Shaking. Palm upwards. The lens changes as my attention is brought to my hands, held out in opposite directions as though begging for money. But money, I beg not for. I beg for an answer, a remedy. I stare intensely, focusing only on the lines of my palm. As I do, they change shape. Before they are able to form, I shake. I fling my wrists sharply and the original form of my hands come rushing back. Guilty conscience. My palms call to me and soon has me hynotized again. But this time, it changes neither shape nor form. However, slowly comes through a red liquid, seeping through my skin, outwards to me. I realize, I will never be able to escape it. It is always going to remain a part of me. To haunt me.

A feeling of hatred and hopelessness washes over me as I being to weep; your voice loud and clear, reminding me constantly.

“Every life you touch, you destroy.”

© 2011 Suzuki Writes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awe so sad. to have that told to you is so painful. Well done and descriptions were great because thats something I even have to work on still to this day. So not bad.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011

Author

Suzuki Writes
Suzuki Writes

Grays, Essex, United Kingdom



Writing
Empty Empty

A Poem by Suzuki Writes


Soaked Soaked

A Poem by Suzuki Writes


Heart Heart

A Poem by Suzuki Writes