(GFWC Match 20) Guinea Outclass Czech Republic In Group B

(GFWC Match 20) Guinea Outclass Czech Republic In Group B

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 20th, 2018 (GFWC Match 20)

Guinea Outclass Czech Republic In Group B

Guinea 2-1 Czech Republic

 

Guinea has shown their prowess with a 2-1 win over the Czech Republic at the World Cup.

 

The Czech Republic made three changes to their first eleven from the game against Spain. An injured Tecl gave way to David Lafata, who switched between striker and attacking midfielder with Masopust. The Czechs also swapped Hušbauer in for Darida to help in the defensive midfielder position. David Limberský also came in at left back for Novak. 

 

Guinea also swapped thing around, especially with Mohamed Yattara as an attacking midfielder behind Diallo. Veteran Ibrahima Soumah and Lanfia Camara also came into the starting eleven.

 

The game started with Guinea in charge of midfield and creating the early chances.

After an initial save by Koubek, Abdoul Keita had an open chance, only to hit the crossbar.

 

The pressure on the Czech defence continued as Guinea switched roles constantly, making marking difficult. In the 16th minute, Diallo, in central midfield, passed the ball to a slightly unmarked Camara. Two quick touches placed him free before he struck with his right boot. Guinea’s pressure had resulted in a goal.

 

Little took place for the remainder of the first half. After this, the Czech Republic regained some control of the game. Then just after the hour mark, Bořek Dočkal rose to the occasion. He worked down the left, before backtracking and cutting a pass into Lafata. Lafata took two touches, brought the ball into the box, and fired with his right. The game level, Czech Republic coach Karel Jarolím substituted Marek Suchý, who had moments before received a yellow card.

 

In a turn of events, Guinea wrestled back momentum. Guinea’s Doumbouya cut down the middle, dribbled around one, before passing the ball to Yattara. He turned outside the substitute Novak, before passing to Alhassane Bangoura. Bangoura drove to the goal, as Koubek came out to meet him. Kadeřábek tackled hard, clearing the ball away from the three. The ball spilled to Camara on the edge of the box. He drew out Koubek, before chipping it to Doumbouya, who finished a brilliant play into an open goal.

 

Downtrodden, Jarolím altered for a more attacking formation in the hope of replying. Though, they had chances, their last effort by Krmenčik missed the mark where many believed he should have scored. When the final whistle sounded, jubilant cries erupted from the Guinean players, not most Lanfia Camara, who received Man of the Match accolades with his goal and 6 out of 7 successful tackles.

 

Guinea now face Spain in a do or die clash, while the Czech Republic seek to gain some respect and some points over Guatemala.

 

Guinea

2-1

Czech Republic

9

6

52

19

0

0

66

76

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

7

1

48

18

3

0

14

75

 16’ #20 L. Camara (S. Diallo assist)

 45’ #23 Keita off, #19 Alhassane Bangoura on

 56’ #18 S. Soumah off, #21 Doumbouya on

 

 

 

 

 64’ #21 Doumbouya

 67’ #20 L. Camara off, #5 F. Camara on

 

 

 

59’ #17 Suchý

 61’ #21 Lafata

 61’ #17 Suchý off, #20 Novak on

 61’ #5 Masopust off, #11 Krmenčik on

 

 

 79’ #19 Krejčí off, #18 Pavelka on

 

 

 

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on June 23, 2018
Last Updated on June 23, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing