You Know that Feeling...

You Know that Feeling...

A Story by Caroline

You Know That Feeling

you got when you visited me at the hospital? The one you got as all the blood rushed to your core until you felt a numbness take over your nerves, and you realize why it’s your heart, not your brain that you cling to intangible memories with? The one you got when you received a call (10:26 pm on Wednesday October 26th) from a w***e on 72nd street that you picked up on the first ring as she told you in a sultry voice (still hoarse from the last pack of cigarettes and last night’s f**k) that you were number one on my speed dial in the phone she found in my bra when she discovered me dreaming on the sidewalk? The one of an adrenaline rush that makes you want to create clichés like World Peace and Equal Rights you got when the starched doctors diagnosed me with a broken heart and an overdose of speed, nothing that a long puke and an apology couldn’t fix? You know the one you got, the gratitude you sent to all fourteen gods you were making bargains with up until the moment the nurse whispered a five word enchantment (she’s going to be alright!) and everything was beautiful again?

            That was what it was like falling in love with you. 

© 2012 Caroline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
wow this was really interesting another perspective of love from all those other point-of-views of love. this one in particular was quite more realistic and sounds more like what people go through today or what i've seen. great peice of writing :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

intriguing and quite the interesting read. enjoyable

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was spectacular, for real.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2012
Last Updated on January 15, 2012

Author

Caroline
Caroline

About
nostalgic for time I never knew, stuck in this world that I outgrew ... you'll find me eating hummus listening to my records somewhere on the east coast more..

Writing
Bamboo Bamboo

A Story by Caroline