You, Me and Him

You, Me and Him

A Poem by Rachelle
"

Perfect relationships

"
It's

Love in

Perfection.

You, Me And HIM

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.

© 2014 Rachelle


Author's Note

Rachelle
an experimentation with symbolic layout.
The Divine love triangle. Thanks, Utkarsh, for all the help with the final format!

A perfect relationship happens when two mortals who love each other also love God who loves them back. Their love for God is reflected in the way they treat each other with love and respect and likewise, God is blessing the union. In the West, a love triangle connotes negativity - that there is a third person involved in a couple's relationship such that a perfect relationship is ruined because of the third party. I wanted to show that the emphasis of a relationship being between just two mortals will be difficult unless they have God in the relationship in as few words as possible in this work. Ad majorem Dei gloriam is Latin for "All for God's greater glory".

I guess it is limited by those who understand the symbolism and Latin. I just wanted to play with the concept of something visual like the shape of the triangle being part of the poem's context without actually mentioning the love triangle as would be initially inferred in the title (again, done to mislead and therefore, create a twist.) This is a Divine love triangle - union of two mortals blessed by God.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I do understood well what you have in mind . God instituted marriage between a man and a woman and He is the witness when the union and bond is sealed and and vows are made . There is also asymbolic tying and twisting of a three prong knot or chord symbolizing a new husband and wife and Christ . A marriage is most likely to thrive and survive when God is involved . It's really a love triangle with both couple working and reaching out to God for close and intimate fellowship and relationship . They too are going and drawing more closer to each other . The more closer they get to know God the more closer they become to one another and stronger their marriage . And God will surely hold and preserve them together . And with these kind it love and commitment . There's such thing we marriage in heaven when God is in their midst .

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
It all starts with HIM. I found this profound. Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thanks, Xtian!
It all starts with HIM. I found this profound. Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Awesome sis:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Posted 9 Years Ago


rachelle check out PM ......

Posted 9 Years Ago


Utkarsh Singh

9 Years Ago

welcome ....:D
Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Utkarsh = Helpful
Utkarsh Singh

9 Years Ago

oh ...thank you ........btw nice poem......;)
Now you explained, it. I say it's lovely and a very good idea.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thanks, Hafiz!
I really feel that without the blessings of the almighty no relationship would be successful. So involving him is necessary.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

But many don't get it…. hence, this work… Actually was inspired by another writer who was comp.. read more
What would be better is creating a triangle completely out of words.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

I did it on photoshop but WC has problems uploading something from OSX..
Well, Rachelle, technically you have not created the shape of a triangle with your poem. In some way you have actually cheated :) Why do I say so? Check:

I
Can
Create
........a.........
Triangle........
......with..............
...........dots................

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

:D It is not equilateral….
William Wapi

9 Years Ago

Yeah I know but it is still a triangle :D Anyway, my point is try creating a triangle out of words a.. read more
Rachelle

9 Years Ago

I did it with Photoshop but the photo won't upload...
It is the ultimate truth especially for those to near HIM, so proud of you as you are so too young and it is coming from you which is a real positive promise and treasure to future

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1164 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 28, 2014
Last Updated on April 29, 2014

Author

Rachelle
Rachelle

Carmel, IN



About
Science. Art. Life. I am a technical writer trying to break free from the mold and exploring other forms of writing. And yes, I am a scientist.... more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Rachelle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Winter Winter

A Poem by Rachelle