Peshawar

Peshawar

A Poem by Rachelle
"

Prayers for peace, resolution and forgiveness.

"
not just statistics in the news
not just offspring of those with opposite views
religious? political? at what cost?
what kind of future have we lost?
the slaying of innocents a cowardly choice
when there exist peaceful ways to proclaim your voice.
each a life precious with destiny to fulfill
not anyone's to take by force nor by will.
when anger reigns and takes justice by hand
when seething vengeance is all we understand
an endless tornado to which evil dwells upon
the hopeless cycle spins - raging on and on.
when violence is the solution you succumb
the change you seek will never come.

© 2014 Rachelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great poem of protest, wisdom and dignity

Posted 2 Years Ago


The ones that write the curriculums and the ones that direct the media won't let the humble people know this:
Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, and others did exactly what you have said to: the Philippines, India, the Americas (which is the name they implied), and the Muslim nations. Once they said, "God Says", and the one taking the order, either did not know about God (Praise and Glory be to Him), or they perceived a false image of God, Dispute was not an option; they went as far as to torture them to convert them to Christianity. Thank God, they could not tarnish the Creed of the Muslims, because we knew what they were trying to implement, and the falsehood they added to God's Scriptures. Look at the Areas where Islam is or was spread, and tell me if we took anything that has to do with this worldly life out of it. Look into authentic sources of history, where the Jews were not able to dabble with anything, and Godwillingly, you'll see the light. When all is said and done, God Will Rule between us, on a Day where the world's weight in gold won't be of value. May God (Praise and Glory be to Him) Guide me and you to the Straight Path. Read the Quran, and study Prophet Muhammad's teachings. Assalamu Alaikum (peace be to you)

God's servant
Sherif Mohamed

Posted 3 Years Ago


That was an utterly deplorable incident. I vehemently detest it. Fills my heart with rage and helplessness.
Good write.
Thanks.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Whenever you suppress the rights of women children or by religion exclude others you set the seeds that will grow into that hatred that will fester till it cuts loose in anger upon the innocent.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2014 was the year and we witness the most cruel action taken by humans...against innocent Angels. If it was part of Stone Age, we could have understand...hard to believe it happened just few month back, unbelievable.

The whole world need to be together, to fight these monsters.

They are worst form of humanity and for sure their souls will rot in hell!

You wrote with grace and pain, well done my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very toical and so much truth lay within the words. We live in a world that is at times not what we hope for.

Troy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Oh dear, That day I was blind with warm dears. Humanity was lost, That was horrible. How could they do that? so shame full. I was upset whole day.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Violence will never achieve that which you want, and that message is conveyed very dearly and passively to the reader through the lines of this poem. It's truly unfortunate and devastating that something of this nature has taken place; more so that there are actual people in the world who have the capacity to do this. It's already tragic that there are full-grown adults involved in the conflict, much less children. Children should never be involved in conflicts such as this. Well expressed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


As a vet, i have strong opinions on this subject. nevertheless your point is clear and beautiful. innocents and children should have no part of chaos.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thank you, sir!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

931 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2014
Last Updated on December 19, 2014

Author

Rachelle
Rachelle

Carmel, IN



About
Science. Art. Life. I am a technical writer trying to break free from the mold and exploring other forms of writing. And yes, I am a scientist.... more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Rachelle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos