Out of Egypt.

Out of Egypt.

A Story by Chrstina'Melnik

 

 

 

John 15:19 “…As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world…”

God made a choice.

Deuteronomy 7:6 says, "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession."

I reread the story of Exodus. The story of Moses and his fear, of Pharaoh and his pride, of God and his mercies.

And I sat thinking and a thought came to me, about the Israelites, and how the Lord led them out of Egypt. For many years, they labored in the land governed by Pharaoh. And I made a parallel with Egypt and the World, as in, being OF the world.

We, as God’s chosen, are meant to stand out, to be the light that shines brightly, for indeed, this world is very dark. In this Egypt we live in, we make a life, we toil, and we die and are buried in this land. The state of our hearts here is what matters.

How can we leave Egypt once and for all?

As soon as we take our first steps out… “Pharaoh” will harden his heart, and will desire to bring you back to his kingdom. He will send chariots, officials, warriors… in the form of friends, memories of an easy life. Comfort. Past habits.

Do not look back.

The children of God cracked with their first trial. They approached the Red Sea. They saw no way around. And so they looked back. And when they saw the chariots of the Egyptians approaching, they cried out to the Lord. They challenged their leader, Moses, with declarations of distrust.

We can make another parallel here. The Spirit of God in us leads us TOWARDS God.

Moses = Our souls.

Israelites = Our minds.

The spirit and the flesh are in constant battle.

How can we give the spirit an upper hand?

WALK OUT OF EGYPT WITH NOT JUST YOUR FEET, BUT WITH YOUR MINDS!!!

Moses interceded for the people, and the Lord feigned surprise. “Why are you crying out to me?!” (Exodus 14:15) When we choose Christ, the power of His spirit is within us. We don’t need to ask God if its ok for miracles to happen. He has given us that power to use with FAITH, not with His approval.

Reading the story, you can see how the Lord was patient.

Merciful.

He made a way despite the lack of faith in His children. And then, after ONLY three days, the Israelites again began to grumble. And then again, and again. They never did leave Egypt with the promises of a blessed future looming on the horizon. They kept looking around. Sideways, backwards, anywhere except ahead.

And they remembered.

They remembered their old lives.

How there was always meat and food to be had in abundance.

They walked out with their feet in the right direction. But they did not direct their minds as well.

And in that lies alone lies a trap.

The Israelites cursed their generation because of their distrust.

God had proved Himself again and again to these people. And all the Father got in return was a blind eye. A deaf ear. An empty heart.

Don’t be another Israelite.

A land flowing with milk and honey is awaiting you.

Dig yourself out of the ashes of the cursed and allow yourself to be cleansed with the pure blood of the Lamb.

Empty your SELF, so that you may be filled with the fruits of the Spirit. (and with milk and honeyJ )

What a privilege it is to be God's chosen people. "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, and the people whom He has chosen as His own inheritance" (Psalm 33:12).

Walk out of Egypt.

And be led.

A bright and blessed future looms on your horizon J

 

 

 

© 2009 Chrstina'Melnik


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 16, 2009
Last Updated on October 29, 2009

Author

Chrstina'Melnik
Chrstina'Melnik

Ooltewah, TN



About
♥Im Christina ♥Im a writer ♥I keep a wall up, just to see who can make it over ♥Judge me... and I'll just prove you wrong ♥Say Im not worth and see where I end up ♥.. more..

Writing