My Disguise

My Disguise

A Poem by Wall of Words
"

My own personalize shroud...

"

My disguise isn’t physical

Though you see it, with your eyes

You might feel it-- if your blind that is.

 

My disguise

It’s black, and white

Sometimes with pictures

To help it along

 

I’m using it all the time

Like right now.

It alters with my mood

Sometimes bright, others dreary

 

My disguise

Is my writing

Coats things I feel deep inside

 

My disguise.

© 2013 Wall of Words


Author's Note

Wall of Words
I wrote this a few years ago, and though I'd just post it. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A deep poem, if only more people would look beyond the surface.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the poem. Most of us hide our true self. Disguises allow us to show things hidden and far away. I like the photo. Gave strength to the purpose of the poem. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a really cool perspective. I cannot believe that you are only 15. Keep it up girly!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wall of Words

10 Years Ago

Haha. Yes, 15 this last July. XD Thank you for reading and commenting!
Sylvia.
I adore this poem, purely because it brings your writing to such a powerful and emotional level purely by stating that it is a disguise...and that is something we can all understand and relate to, as well as recognise and respect the freedom given to us through the art of expression, which is something you have achieve so well in such a short space of time. I really enjoyed this piece, it's very different, and very creative, I feel.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wall of Words

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the compliments. I'm glad you can relate and enjoyed reading the poem. :)
Sylvia.. read more
Another lovely, personal, piece of poetic art from you. We all use disguises in life, whether physically, or emotionally, etc.. The trick is to someday realize that we don't always need those disguises, that we are able to be who we are and who we want to be, fully and completely.
Wonderful work, Sylvia.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wall of Words

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the time you've spent to read and comment on my poem. :)
Sylvia.
Cory Firestine

10 Years Ago

My pleasure, Sylvia.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
This is also how i feel when I write. It is a lonely mistress that takes all that we are and urges us write. I thnk it is beautiful peice done with the hand so elequint writer.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wall of Words

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the praise ron. :)
I'm glad you enjoyed the poem.
Sylvia.
ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you for writing this one. I think we can all relate to it.
Great word choices here, especially if it was written when you were younger. I think you show a lot of promise, so keep it up! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wall of Words

10 Years Ago

Thank you Rose! I'm glad you liked the poem! XD
Sylvia.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2013
Last Updated on August 1, 2013
Tags: poem, shroud, disguise, my, hide, writing, black, white, cloak

Author

Wall of Words
Wall of Words

My Imagination



About
Hello! My name (you may have noticed) is Wall of Words. I might go by Wall or Words or even WW. I haven't really decided. Maybe I'll stick with Wall of Words. XD I was on here what seems like a very .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..