Chapter 6: A Target most Fowl

Chapter 6: A Target most Fowl

A Chapter by syther
"

Welcome to the end.

"

Chapter 6: A Target most Fowl

SMILEY stood, wind, gears, steam the endless noise he had come to know, this was his world, HIS WALTZ and he knew that it must not be interrupted, it must continue, day after day after-

 

There, he heard it, a hypnotism of notes, strings elegant and malign all at once, beckoning him in, coercing his body. The leg braces released and he fell from the blimp hovering high above London, he didn’t need to check, he headed straight for the bar and as he came down for his landing, the first tune of a new song began, a song he would soon stop.

 

He flipped in the air and braced, landing on his metal feet as they clanged off the brass metal of the building around him, a dent was left in the wall and he held himself there, hanging, glaring down at the bar, he chose his entrance and pounced, he flew through the air and in through the top window, rolling and holding himself carefully against the support beams, hugging them, spinning around them, till he lay hanging over the top of his prey.

Then like a spider he spun upside down standing directly over the musicians and as the girl in pink stopped, as her twisting movements came to a halt and the musicians took their bows. He dropped down and spun, brandishing needles once again, his mask never shifting. His job and purpose clear, he heard the waltz behind him, guiding him and as the needle slipped into the girl’s neck, the entire room shook to a sudden and abrupt halt.



© 2018 syther


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on February 13, 2018
Last Updated on February 13, 2018
Tags: Steampunk, Music, Comedy, Future


Author

syther
syther

South Shields, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom



About
I'm a young man, I have no reason to spout philosophy or anything grandiose but the one thing I adore is telling a story. The story is always my own, what is real and what is false however is for you .. more..

Writing
Death's Lament Death's Lament

A Story by syther