The Devils Print- Part 1- The introduction

The Devils Print- Part 1- The introduction

A Story by siri

Previous Version
This is a previous version of The Devils Print- Part 1- The introduction.



                             Document 1



      So I am sitting here craving to use some brilliant words so I don’t technically have to think about my life…because life is exactly what I have been thinking about lately…or maybe that’s what I think about all the time.
      Life is simply so difficult, it never ceases to amaze me. Like the fact that I’m supposed to be working at my job this very moment. (It is a law for the routine I seemed to have picked up) Yet, here I am writing words in a brand new Microsoft Word document and I’ll have you know the name of this document is still a default of Document 1…how unbelievably boring! I’ll also have you know I have even had to press Alt+Tab to easily switch between the windows I have open on my computer…so when my boss walks past me it looks like I am working on something…hmmm how shall I say…IMPORTANT! That most definitely deserved an exclamation mark, don’t you think? Well the whole idea for this paragraph was a boring one to begin with and as a writer I am inclined to keep your (you, the reader’s) mind entertained. So we will go to the next paragraph.
      Now I don’t want you to think I have nothing important to tell you or that you will just be reading a bunch of my silly rambling that I have been doing a lot of lately. It is quite easy to stray from my main idea. Though this might happen occasionally this does not mean that I will not stumble right back on to the path with the idea I intentionally started out with… 
      Wow…see, there I go slowly walking down the wrong staircase to a seemingly pitch dark room that would in theory get me tangled in all these words I’m using to compose this brief…”something”.
Well it turns out this “something” is actually a story. Yup(I know yup is not technically a correct word for the English language but I DON’T CARE), you are in fact experiencing a story by…hmmm what shall I call myself in this story of mine… I believe Adam is a good old American name. Okay so I decided I will call myself Adam J. Richardson. 
      Now you might be asking yourself, why not use my real name? This is in fact a story about me right? Well, first of all this is my story and I can do whatever I want! Secondly, I have a good reason to begin with and once you know what exactly this story is about, I think you might understand it from my point of view. So, I suppose now you are wondering what this story is about right? Well, by all means, shall we continue?
      So right now as a writer I have two choices. I can either bluntly tell you straight up what this story is about or I can slowly give you information…you know, build the suspense a little bit. If I am really talented I could build so much suspense that I make you bite your lip or hold your pee till you finish the next couple chapters. (Though this is a story not a book, so I don’t think I will have any chapters this time) You might consider yourself lucky I do not want you to make a mess of yourself. To tell you the truth, I have no experience in bluntly telling the reader what they will be reading for the next X amount of time it takes them to read this. I have made my decision in how I am going to present my writing. Okay, well I hope you are ready for this one.
      I am a killer. Now please…I want more than anything for you NOT to judge me right away. I know what you are thinking and you do not even know who I am. I am a scholar, mind you. I am in fact a really nice person. And I would not have killed the first if I had had a choice. It was a huge accident and a huge mess if you ask me.
      Now as you already know, I told you I am a killer, so that means I have killed more then one person. Well in theory the phrase “I am a killer” might incline that I am still currently killing as of this moment. That is not technically true. Maybe I should say I used to be a killer or I am a killer of the past. Yes that’s right, a yesterday killer right? I will tell you something though once you experience the creation of death, there is no going back…you are always a killer.
      Okay, so before you make any judgments of me, why don’t you take some time and read my story first. Then once you finish it, I give you permission to think whatever you want of me. I think that is a pretty good deal so what the hell; let’s imagine we just shook hands.
      So as of this moment I am pondering on how exactly I will suck you into my story. How exactly should I begin to cover my killing experience? How shall I capture the deep emotions I have experienced? How shall I begin to explain what it feels like to have someone’s blood all over you and to know that that blood has lost its whole purpose of giving life?
 

      Well, I suppose the best place to start from is the beginning.

 

© 2008 siri


Author's Note

siri
this is just the beginning the rest is on its way its almost done



Reviews

A good beginning to the story. I like the description and the discussion. I will read on.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a very interesting beginning. I love how real the character seems, it's like he's sitting right next to me as he talks. There was a bit of rambling but it seemed to fit with the character. Very nice job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You werent kidding. Our writing styles really are similar. I really wasnt gonna read the rest of these till later, but I dont think I can wait. =D

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. Some rambling but it sounds interesting enough to me and I plan on reading more :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


Alright, you've got my interest, can't wait til the next part

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


You should hurry up, and finish, I can't wait to read the rest.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 14, 2008
Last Updated on September 12, 2008

Author

siri
siri

Albuquerque, NM



About
boom boom boom la la la la la hey you! yeah you! Im pointing at you now... ... i guess some part of me is always gonna be pointing at you...or the other person thats reading this...until of cours.. more..

Writing
flash 1 flash 1

A Chapter by siri


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by siri



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan