Define

Define

A Chapter by Tamara Quinones
"

An interpersonal view.

"

“I’m tired of this Kyle!” she exclaims.

 

She looks at him. He stares at her intensely. He’s hurt that she could feel this way after all he’s done. He changed for her; he gave up all his old ways just for her to turn it around.

He doesn’t know what to feel.

Her eyes fill with tears and she puts her head in her hands. She’s weeping softly. But, not from what he has done, but for what she did. She knows the truth, and she knows he knows. She also knows that Kyle is madly in love with her and would do anything to keep her happy and his.

 

He stares at her confused. Pained by love. He is so hurt. He’s forgiven her so many times. But, he feels guilt because she’s forgiven him more. She’s so stuck in the ways of what was, rather then what is now. He knows this.

 

What can he do? Yell at her? Leave?

 

He sits down. He stares at her hair covering her face in her hands. Her nice smooth caramel skin glistening with the wetness of her tears. Her silky smooth brown hair dangling over arms. A little damp for the remains of her cries. She’s still. Her body moves to her heavy breathing and soft cries. He’s never been so mesmerized by someone so hurt. Someone he hurt. Over and over. He doesn’t know what to do but just look and sit in silence.

 

She lifts up her face and notices him staring at her. She sees awe in his eyes. She sees warmth and heartbreak. How could someone she just hurt be so calm?

She knows. She knows how he feels. The guilt. They both have it. When she gave him her all, he took advantage of it. As did she. They both sit in silence studying each other. But will they ever figure it out? Will this moment change anything they have already been through?

 

She looks toward the ground.

 

They both are in love.

This love is causing them pain, but they refuse to give up.

 

He parts his lips to speak. She looks at him with her big brown eyes. Like an innocent child begging for forgiveness with no words.

 

“I love you Peyton.”

 

His face is stern. Every time he tells her, he feels rejuvenated. The ecstasy of love never dies.

 

He gets up. Kisses her head and walks out her bedroom door.

 

She sighs. She’s done crying. She has been crying for 8 years now.

 

They do this to each other.

 

Every time it happens, distraught never fails to appear. They both have souls that have been broken and rebuilt too many times. The pieces are being put back into place, but deteriorate after every placement. There is nothing but scraps left.

Most people tend to throw them away. But Peyton and Kyle, they keep building. The passion in their hearts and the directness in their minds keep them from giving up.

 

True love can be messed up.

But, they know it’s worth it.



© 2015 Tamara Quinones


Author's Note

Tamara Quinones
.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This reads like an introduction to part of a bigger story. It is obvious that there is a backstory here but I think you need to hint a little bit more about what has happened to them in the past to draw the reader in. I get the impression Kyle and Peyton are young adults and that he has been a 'bad boy' in the past, she has forgiven him, he has changed but now she is acting out instead. Has something else happened to her to make her this way? Is she gettibg revenge for all the pain she caused him? They both seem so miserable yetwhat they feel for each other makes it worth it? How? What holds them together?

I think this could be potentially a very poignant story but needs a little work. Good luck

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very nice. Love that continues despite all the troubles. I like this. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This reads like an introduction to part of a bigger story. It is obvious that there is a backstory here but I think you need to hint a little bit more about what has happened to them in the past to draw the reader in. I get the impression Kyle and Peyton are young adults and that he has been a 'bad boy' in the past, she has forgiven him, he has changed but now she is acting out instead. Has something else happened to her to make her this way? Is she gettibg revenge for all the pain she caused him? They both seem so miserable yetwhat they feel for each other makes it worth it? How? What holds them together?

I think this could be potentially a very poignant story but needs a little work. Good luck

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 8, 2015
Last Updated on June 10, 2015
Tags: love


Author

Tamara Quinones
Tamara Quinones

GA



About
i write with the silence of the wind. more..

Writing
The end The end

A Chapter by Tamara Quinones