The end

The end

A Chapter by Tamara Quinones
"

An interpersonal view.

"

She lies there. Face toward the wall. Distraught.

 

She knows he’ll come back, but when?

One time Peyton and Kyle got into an argument, he left. For 2 years. But, he proposed to her this time, so it’s different. Right?

 

She gets up and gracefully strips herself from her clothes. She knows he’ll come back, and she will be there waiting. She lies back down and listens.

The wind from the fan, blowing cold air on her exposed body. The ruffle of the leaves in the late night from a cool breeze. The muffle of laughter downstairs.

A tear falls.

How could she do this? Will this go on forever? Will they ever learn if they marry? Or will this be her last chance to make things right again? Her mind takes over.

 

That sound.

 

She quickly wipes her eyes and shuts them tight as if she were sleep. A faint smile drew across her lips. Has she won?

The key pulls out the lock and the door creaks open. There is a faint huff and he walks in. He walks over to her, smooths her hair down, and kisses her head.

She is so excited, but she doesn’t make a move. She knows he will eventually come and lie with her. So, she just lies there and listens.

The splash of water, the pulling off of his shirt, the heavy breathing.

 

Anxiety.

She loves these moments.

It’s like their love is renewed.

 

Footsteps toward the bed.

And he sits. Still listening. Just breathing.

This is different.

 

She becomes numb. Different scares her. It’s been the same routine every time.

She slowly yawns and opens her eyes. Stretches her arms and rolls over.

 

He’s looking at the ground. No expression. Peyton knows what’s wrong, but should she be the one to console him right now? Should she be the one to remind him what their love consist of? But, he came back. Not only did he come back, he acknowledged her as soon as he walked in the room. So, that means something. At least to her it does.

 

She sits up and leans over toward him. She cuffs his face in her hand and makes him look at her.

 

“I love you too, Kyle.”

She kisses him. He kisses back.

And in this moment she knew everything was okay. Back to what they called “normal”.

 

He leaned in toward her making her lie down on the bed. The kiss was hesitant at first, but slowly became forceful. He wants this. He wants her. He grabs her by the waist and pushes his body on her. The touch of their bare skin together excited Peyton and she lets out a small moan. This arouses him. This is what it should be like. He stops and looks at her. Her hair wild and pupils wide.

 

“I’m going to make love to you,” he said.

 

Heavy breathing, passionate kissing. Biting his neck and pulling her hair. They became one again. Slow and powerful thrusting. Peyton can’t hold her moans back. This is what she wants. She was right. Nothing has changed. He is still here, loving her. Making love to her.

 

-

 

The night moves along. The smell of sex and sweat on the air. He is fast asleep and she lies there, staring at her dearest.

 

His soft, sandy blonde hair, drying from the events just taken place. Underneath those sleepy eyelids rest beautiful hazel eyes. His perfect almond skin, dewy. And his blonde stubble from the beard he’s been growing out since middle school.

There is no other guy that makes her feel the way she does. The lust for him will be endless and their love is like no other. She is amazed at how good life is going for them. At peace she lays her head on his chest and drifts off to the sound of his heartbeat.

 

-

 

She wakes up to silence. No breathing coming from anyone but herself. She turns over just to see the rays of the sunlight shining on an empty pillow.

 

Was that goodbye?

 

 



© 2015 Tamara Quinones


Author's Note

Tamara Quinones
This is only a chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You paint an interesting picture of the tension between a fighting couple and the internal struggles of the individual. I especially liked the use of short, poignant sentences for emphasis. A suggestion would be to vary your sentence beginnings. Many of your sentences start with the word she. Maybe just rearrange the sentence. For instance, when you write, "She turns over just to see the rays of the sunlight shining on an empty pillow." You could reword as, "Turning over, she sees the rays of..."

Posted 8 Years Ago


beautifully described feelings and the plot is amazing as well i am expecting a good story from your end.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 9, 2015
Last Updated on June 10, 2015
Tags: listen, goodbye, love


Author

Tamara Quinones
Tamara Quinones

GA



About
i write with the silence of the wind. more..

Writing
Define Define

A Chapter by Tamara Quinones