Wonderland

Wonderland

A Story by Tasha Anand
"

Its all in your head, Alice

"

Her head was spinning. She was unable to figure out if it was her fantasy or reality. All of a sudden, the world was new to her, but she couldn’t tell if it was a good thing or a bad one. She was in a trance, the kind of trance you get in the morning, after you wake up. She did not want the dream to end. She tried sleeping again, hoping that the dream would resume. But alas, it disappeared right after she opened her eyes. She wanted to return to her wonderland, where her wildest dreams turned real.

    She became Alice for a while, or was it Juliet? Rabbit holes take you to wonderland, don’t they? That’s how she reached there too. She fell into a rabbit hole, a deep, beautiful, crazy, magical rabbit hole. Maybe that’s why they say “falling” in love. But only, this time she wasn’t chasing a rabbit, instead she was chasing her Romeo.

    Maybe they call it wonderland for a reason. Of course it was wonderful. It was where dreams came true, but darling, nightmares are dreams too. The deeper she went into wonderland, the more magical and crazier it became. With his hands on hers’, she couldn’t ask for more, nor could he. But hey, they were in wonderland, and it’s never enough there!

    The more you explore the place, the crazier it becomes. It’s true, that dreams do happen in wonderland. But sweetheart, the Cheshire Cat and the Mad Hatter aren’t the only characters you meet in wonderland. Beware, there’s the Jabberwocky waiting for    you at the other side.

    Everybody’s wonderland has its own surprise. In her case, it was a fork. The road diverged and the lovers had to part their ways. Each took their own path, not because the wanted to, but because its wonderland, and that’s how it is. That’s when things turned ugly. Fairies turned into phantoms and kisses turned into screams. Wonderland came to an end. Hey, everything comes to an end and wonderland is no exception.

    But one thing she learnt from that crazy place was that dreams do come true. It just the kind of dreams you dream that really matters. You can always revisit wonderland. First, you fall down a rabbit hole, get hurt, get up and move on. Bt that’s wonderland preparing you to see through the looking glass and slay that beast out there. That’s how it works! But precious, don’t fall into that rabbit hole again, go pick that Vorpal Sword and show them who you are.

© 2019 Tasha Anand


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on January 26, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2019
Tags: Wonderland, alice, love, heartbreak

Author

Tasha Anand
Tasha Anand

Tamil Nadu, Salem, India



About
I write when my hearts achin, or when its 3 in the morning Age is just a number (Im 15!) more..

Writing
One Night One Night

A Story by Tasha Anand


Tryst Tryst

A Story by Tasha Anand


Slumber Slumber

A Story by Tasha Anand