Slumber

Slumber

A Story by Tasha Anand
"

Sleeping Beauty

"

She was sleeping. Sleeping peacefully in the bed beside his chair. It was like he was glued to the chair. However hard he tried, he couldn’t get up. He wasn’t actually glued to the chair, he was glued to her.     

    Maybe the Moon was so shy to show its face to the world after it saw hers; maybe the stars thought that they were shining in vain, because now, she was the brightest of them all; that’s why the night ran away so fast, he thought. He was so sure that, by now, all of the angels in the heaven would have become jealous to see a face that was lovelier than theirs; that, all of the flowers would feel so miserable, looking at her.

    Her silky smooth hair was falling on top of her closed eyelids, as if it were protecting her eyes from the envious world. A lucky sunbeam was dancing and bouncing off her soft cheeks, making them look more kissable. Her rosy palms were lying half open near her even rosier lips. No one would have seen a prettier sight. She made sleeping look like an art.

    Lost in love, he sat there staring at her. Time stood still. Stilled by her timeless beauty. He still remembers the first time he saw her. From then on, he knew she was the purpose of his life. The father lovingly looked at his baby daughter.

© 2019 Tasha Anand


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on January 26, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2019
Tags: sleeping, dad, daughter

Author

Tasha Anand
Tasha Anand

Tamil Nadu, Salem, India



About
I write when my hearts achin, or when its 3 in the morning Age is just a number (Im 15!) more..

Writing
One Night One Night

A Story by Tasha Anand


Tryst Tryst

A Story by Tasha Anand


Wonderland Wonderland

A Story by Tasha Anand