Pretty Little Broken Princess

Pretty Little Broken Princess

A Poem by T.S. Rex

And so the fairy tale ends

It was only a matter of time

Until Repunzell cut off her hair

And Snow White decided to die

There is no such thing as a happy ending

No matter how hard you want to believe

The Prince will find a new Princess

Leaving the former tormented and greived

There is nothing you can do to stop it

There will be no white wedding chapel

Lay down on your bed of nails

And take a bite of the poison apple

© 2009 T.S. Rex


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, Tati, this is really good! :O The ending was amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow this is really good. I like the way you took something thats usually all nice and sweet and showed the morbid reality that they're covering up. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This made me laugh. I love it!! This is def one of my favourites.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like this. at first i thought it was going to be just a cliche fairy tale poem, but the words inside are taken from somewhere else, but put together originally.


Posted 14 Years Ago


i like how you twisted the fairy tales around to show how life really is. excellent work

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this poem. We all learn the twisted game of love. Even beautiful princesses get their heart broken. Story and your description was amazing for the short poem. But we learn by mistakes. If we are lucky we become smarter and wiser in love.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like how you wove the princesses in to this piece. You bring a reality to them, a fate that brings them to the most harsh corner of reality. That realism goes well with the raw nature of your images.

As for the happy ending...it may come. There are no guarantees that those meant to guard us will. The armor of the knights you find may not always be shining, in fact you may find a pauper, but he may honor you. The stories always make the journey direct, but it never is. There is a hell between birth, experience, and dreams. There is also peace, or can be peace. The best remedy for the nails is hope which can not often be seen when the sun goes down. Wait till it comes up, till its warm. New things grow. Good write, and thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


so powerful...love the new take on the fairy tale kids' stories. apart from a few spelling errors (Repunzell = Rapunzel, and greived= grieved) really great. the last two lines especially are really poignant. great work. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


End all those nursery rhymes Love this This is wonderful here I like this alot. Very well written and wonderful flow.

Posted 14 Years Ago


sad-sad. But quite true. Very nicely written and good format. Good job and keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

604 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 16, 2009

Author

T.S. Rex
T.S. Rex

Oak Forest, IL



About
About me: Name: T.S.Rex Age: 18 Height: 4'10 Status: I have no f*****g clue about my relationship On Writing: Writing has always been a part of me, ever since I could remember. Even when.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan