Trust

Trust

A Story by taytay14
"

this is a story of a girl who has gone through a lot and she finallly trust someone, could this person be trustworthy?

"

My name is Rosy, Rosy Margret. I’m a stunning, tall and thin girl with dead gorgeous looks. I WISH, that in fact is a precise description of what thousand of girls want to be. They all desire to be nice and thin, although to do that you basically have to starve yourself to achieve your goal. Other girls stuff themselves with junk food and never gain one kilogram, while others eat one pea but still put on so much weight. I am one of those girls that do not concern one bit about their weight; some people say it’s excellent to think like that.

I live in London with my mom and grandmother. My dad and mom got divorced, because my little brother Henry who was 3 passed away a few years ago. He was born an enthusiastic, young boy, who was entirely healthy. But sometimes when you leave a child alone unanticipated things can occur. On the day that my brother passed away, my mom had gone shopping with her friend Muriel.

‘All right, Rosy I'm going shopping with Muriel, I will take pretty long. But if I am not back by dinner there is pizza in the oven’ she said rushing out the door. Party time i thought. I hastily ran upstairs and grabbed my telephone to call Roberta my best friend. Roberta is an example of my description of a ‘perfect’ girl. She has long blond curls that go up to her waist she has sparkling blue eyes and she has the ideal body to be a model.

I told Roberta to come over, with movies to watch. Henry was playing with his toys in the kitchen floor. Therefore I decided to make popcorn, get the blankets and make our bed on the couch. When i heard someone knocking the door, I jumped up and ran to open the door for Roberta. There was Roberta standing wearing her pink pyjama dress with a pair of comfortable slippers, holding a luminous pink shoulder bag

‘Come on in, Roby we are going to have a blast today. What movie did you bring?’I asked jumping exicitedly.  ‘i brought My Sister’s Keeper. But to scare us a little I brought Never Fall Asleep!’ she said so exited.

After we ate pizza, we sat on the couch to watch Never Fall Asleep. ‘Hey I'm so thrilled for prom, aren’t you Rosy?’ asked Roberta as she drank her mug of milk. ‘Well yes, but prom is only five years from now’ I said with a grin on my face. ‘I know that we are only in seventh grade, but I already know my perfect dress’ said Roberta as she pulled her blanket from the floor. We suddenly heard someone bang on the door, I paused for a minute. ‘Did you invite anyone else?’ asked Roberta with a smile. ‘No, I don’t think so’ I said opening the door.

‘Hey sweetheart, Roberta’s mom called to say thanks for letting Roberta sleep over. Hello roberta’my mother said walking inside.  Roberta waved to my mom with a smile. ‘Where is Henry?’ my mom asked.  ‘Well he has gone to sleep’ I said going into the living room.

It was about 12 o’clock at night-time when the movie ended. As we turned the light off, my mom called me to verify on Henry.

As I walked into his room he was lying down in his bed with the sheet over his face. As I carried him to my mom’s room he didn’t wake up like he constantly does. I felt him get very heavy so I decided to wake him up. ‘Henry, wake up you are getting heavy’ I said but no response came from him. ‘Henry wake up! Henry wake up!’ I said shaking him but again to no avail, no response.  ‘Mom! Help Henry won’t wake up’ I yell as loud as I could. My mom came in rushing through the door with Roberta with her. ‘Henry honey wake up!’ my mom said shaking him really hard. But when my mom felt his pulse, there was nothing to feel. But to make sure she checked his breathing but again nothing.

‘Rosy, your brother he is......dead’ said my mom breaking into tears. I couldn’t believe what my mom just said to me. It felt like someone was stabbing me on the chest with scissors. That night my dad was in a business trip in South Africa.

Every day, for me was pain just because every time I woke up and went to bed, I knew someone is not there. Sure my brother and I used to fight a lot but, at the end I will always love him. Since that day Roberta didn’t come to my house for months, her mother said that she became traumatized because she saw someone die.

My mom called the paramedics, but as soon as they saw Henry, they shook their heads and said: ‘I'm sorry Mrs. Margret, but Henry was very sick for days with a disease that cause his trachea to become smaller and smaller whenever he went to sleep until there was no air’ he said leaving the room. My mom stopped crying and she carried Henry like a new born baby and sang to him his favourite song.

 

 

Chapter 2

the next morning, I woke up and decided to go to the bathroom as I went passed Henry’s room, there was my mom putting Henry’s body in the crib as if he was sleeping. ‘Shh, I just got Henry to fall asleep; he has been playing the whole day with his toys’ my mom whispered with a disturbed face with tears rolling down her cheek. Suddenly we heard my dad come in, from his business trip. ‘Henry, you can come running down to hug me’ he shouted with happiness. When I heard that my eyes watered.

My dad walked into Henry’s room, as he looked at us he felt confused. ‘Henry is dead!’ he said crying. ‘He died in his sleep, Patrick’ my mother said. ‘Well who was watching him?’ my dad asked. ‘I was doing my nails in my room’ my mom said. ‘You were doing your nails while my son was dying?’ my dad said holding my mom’s arm aggressively. ‘It wasn’t my fault’ my mother cried. ‘Rosy, please go to your room’ my dad said. So I did as he said.

Hours later my mom came to the table to eat with dad. Mom’s face had bruises and she was bleeding from her lip. We sat quietly eating dinner; I knew what had happened to my mom but I just would rather not comment it on the table. ‘How is dinner Patrick?’ my mother asked trying to hide the pain. ‘maybe, if you weren’t so vain Henry would be sitting here eating with us, Marie’ my dad said looking down with anger. ‘How dare you call me vain?’ my mom said raising her voice. ‘How dare you raise your voice to me, Marie?’ my dad said. ‘I can do anything I want to’ my mom said furiously.

‘Is that why you killed my son?’ my dad said. ‘You have disrespected me Patrick. I want a divorce.’ Said my mom, leaving the table.

The next day, we moved to another house that my mom was renting for money. My grandmother also came to live with us when she heard about my little brother. This all happened in 2004 but now 4 years have passed an my mom started working again and is a contented person again. I have turned 16 and I am way more mature then when I was.

‘Morning, Rosy how did you sleep?’ my mom asked me as I grabbed a bowl of cereal. ‘Good morning mom, I slept very well and you?’I said.  ‘Great, but I have news for you' said my mom. ‘Your dad is in town and he said later he is going to pass here to say hello to you’ my mom announced. ‘That is very good for him, but I don’t want to see him’ I said with a smile. ‘Either way, he is still coming so you will not leave the house. Today we are going to visit Henry at the London Baby graveyard. Please don’t be late’ my mom said.

Later when we headed to the baby graveyard for the ceremony, they told me I was required to say something. I went on the platform and said:

 

 

 

 

It hurts to have lost someone so important to your life

But it hurts even more to know that you could’ve done something to save this person from dying. We saw him walk, talk and dance for the first time. But one thing we didn’t see was him growing up. But as we grow up we learn to move on and accept that he is in a better place.

This ceremony was very emotional, the whole family was gathered again, even Patrick, I don’t like calling him dad cause I don’t see him as my dad. After the ceremony as we left I put my Gucci sunglasses and walked to my car. “   hey  rose, wanna go catch  movie, I  hear that new action movie is out  ”my dad says as he tapped my shoulder.

“     thats a great idea, thanks  ”I said and instead I went to his car. As we drove off he had a huge smile stuck on his face. “  listen here, I don’t like you I know what you did to mom that day we left! I will never be your sweet little sunshine. You monster!  ”I finally say turning to him. He frowns and stops the car, he makes a fist but slowly released. “  Your mom deserved that! Don’t you understand that she killed Henry! The only reason why we are in this graveyard is because your mom was to  careless  ”he says leaning over. “  maybe, If you were home often this wouldn’t of happened! Mom wouldn’t have to spend the whole night worrying about you!  ”I say. I walked out the car and walked back to my car.

Although my mom wouldn’t of agreed with me, I think everything was the pure truth. As I walked I remembered how Henry and I used to walk around the neighbourhood, and how he used to tell me that one day he will change the world. Tears started rolling down my cheeks, I haven’t cried about Henry since his death, but this time it felt different. I cried of anger that his dad, Patrick was never there for him, and that really hurt me.

This neighbourhood doesn’t seem similar, but as I look around I notice that I'm pretty close to Central Park. I make my way there, only way I can free my mind from the bad thoughts. I lie on the wet, green grass and close my eyes.

 I feel a cold hand touch my shoulder, it felt enlightening. “  I also come here to think, deeply it helps me relax ”someone says. As I opened up my eyes, there he was with a bright mile from

“    ear  to ear ”.  his bright blue eyes and his brown glossy hair just seemed to look perfect. “  Sorry, I m Carter .”he says looking down at me. “   I'm Rosy, Rosy Margret.”I  say opening my eyes again, he looks straight through my eyes, smiling uncontrollably. “  Do you come here often? “  I  ask.

“    Only when my mind has been off, or I need some alone time  And you? “

‘Same, I love this place here its fresh and just calm and relaxing, full of lost thoughts.” He says and he lies next to me closes his eyes and smiles. For a moment, I feel like someone finally understands me. PLUP!  A raindrop falls right on my forehead, so I stand up get my backpack. “um.. Carter I have to go now, before it starts pouring.”I say looking upwards. “Cool, see you around I guess.” he says sitting up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3

(9:00 p.m) I arrive at home and its already very late.   “   What is wrong with you?” my mom asked. She looks furious but tries to maintain calm. As I close the door I see my dad sitting in the kitchen with his arms crossed. “   What is he doing here? “   I say suddenly angry.

“    You called your own father a monster, And left the car and just wondered around for like 8 hours and you thought that everything was just going to be alright?”she says now shouting in complete and utter anger. “   I don’t regret what I did one bit, I only spoke the pure truth.” I said calmly putting my backpack down.

“    I'm done talking to you, just go to your room and don’t ever do that again.”my mom said. I did as she said, because this conversation was annoying me. this all happened because of Patrick, I can’t stand him anymore he is the cause for all our family problems.

 

But that wasn’t what was going through my mind right now, I kept thinking about Carter, and how we just ‘clicked’. We exchanged numbers and talk often.

“    Rosy! Hurry up you are going to be late.”my mom screamed from the kitchen, holding the door for me. “   Thanks mom, see you later.” I said and kissed her on her cheek. She squinted, her bruise on her cheek was bright purple I didn’t like seeing her like that.

“    rosy, check out the new guy, isn’t  he so cute?” Roberta whispered. She pointed at a guy sitting opposite us. It was Carter, my heart raced a thousand times faster, I even got Goosebumps. “    Rosy! Hey where have you been? You haven’t come to our spot anymore.” He said hugging me. Everyone gasped in surprise, even Roberta.

‘I know, I'm grounded because I came late home that day, sorry.’ I said sitting down again. He winked and went to sit in his place again.

  “    Wow, what was that?”Roberta asked giggling. ‘his    just a friend, calm down.’ I say staring at him.

‘a hot friend!’ she said we both laughed so hard suddenly everyone was staring at me, they are probably wandering how I know him, well it’s a long story.

I found out that he is in my class, we have so many things in common, and we became friends instantly.

After school, Roberta and I walked out the gate and made our way to her house. ‘you still coming to my house later, right?’ I asked as she walked to her door. ‘hell yea, see you later.' she said and walked in.

I loved Roberta’s neighbourhood, it made me feel relaxed and serene. It felt like I was walking in Paris, it is all so beautiful and colourful. I couldn’t think straight anymore, everything I looked at reminded me of Carter, the sky reminded me of his deep, blue and sparkly eys gleaming at me. I get on my bicycle and speed up, I can feel the breeze in my hair, then I stopped and lied on the grass for a bit. I looked up in the sky and closed my eyes.

‘Perfect’ I said. That word described how I felt, in all different ways. ‘we always end up meeting, I'm starting to think that destiny is trying to set us up.’ A deep, glowing voice whispered in my ear.  ‘Maybe, it is true’ I say giggling.

‘You know, there is something about you that makes you different to all those other girls.’ he says looking at me. ‘You are the only one that understands me Carter’ I say. He reaches for my hand, and hold it gently, his hands are warm. He looks up and smiles, I shiver as a cold breeze runs down my back.

He leans in holds my neck and gently pulls me closer to him, it felt like heaven. I felt his every thought, I knew that this was going to happen one day.

‘So, now what?’ I ask, ‘does this mean we are dating?’I hesitate. I didn’t want to ask him this but I have to. .‘Yes, I can’t stand a day without thinking about you. I want us to be together, forever’ he says. I smile and blush, what would a guy like him want with a girl like me. I mean I'm a deep thinker, I'm unpopular and probably the most awkward person in the world.

He puts his arm around me and I lie my head on him shoulder, and that moment felt just perfect. I looked around, and I noticed a familiar car parked on our right, the lights were on. ‘I should go Carter; I don’t want to be grounded once again.’ I laughed.  ‘Okay, see you in school than.’ he says and kisses me on my forehead.

‘Hey mom, I had a great day at school today.’ I said as I walked in the kitchen.  ‘good evening, Mr. Patrick.’ I said to my dad. I still don’t consider him my dad, after all he did. I don’t even know why he is here. ‘Rosy, be nice’ my mom warns me. ‘Rosy, who is that boy you were with at the park today?’ my dad asked. ‘none of your business.’ I say sitting down. ‘Oh, really? How nice of you, don’t you think?’ my mother says sarcastically. ‘His just a friend, his name Is Carter.’

‘I don’t want to see you with him, understood?’my mom said on a serious tone. ‘what?! You can’t keep me away from carter ,he  is the only person I truly love and care for.’I said. D****t! I’m dead I just realized I said that out loud.

‘when you were about 7, we lived in Seattle, America. We were friends with all our neighbours including Carter’s parents, Mr. And Mrs. Martin. One day we travelled to London for a few months and when we came back we found out that Mr. Martin was violently murdered’ she looked down and a tear fell from her cheek. ‘later on they found out that he wasn’t murdered but had an overdose of meth. It turns out that day, Carter had brought a large dosage of meth to his home.’my mom gasped for air, this story seemed very scary.

‘after Carter and a couple of friends left for a party, his dad found the meth and decided to experiment on it.’ my dad continued, he noticed my mom couldn’t speak about it anymore. ‘we don’t want that influence on you, Rosy.’ my mom finally said. There was a complete silence for a few minutes. I was speechless, although my feeling for him didn’t change I still had  to think about this for a while.

‘I, I don’t-‘I ran because tears were building up in my eyes. The boy that I love is a druggie and the cause for his dad’s death. This is a lot to swallow, but could this be the real story though?

Tap! Tap!  A loud sound woke me up, I looked out the window and I saw Roberta and Luke waving, I smiled and got ready. I got into my favourite swimming costume, bright turquoise and black zig zag bikini. I read that zig zags shows people less fat, I believe in that.

‘Oh my god Luke Where have you been?’I said hugging him tight. Luke and I have been best friends since preschool; he and Roberta are my best friends. Then I hugged Roberta and we walked to Luke’s house, where we were going to catch our ride.

‘Who is taking us?’ I finally ask curiously. ‘one of my friends, you know Mark right?’ he says.

‘His here.’ I say as he drove towards us. Mark was in our class he was a cool guy, he is tall and very handsome. He kind of reminds me of Carter in a way.

‘Hop in, my little rose.’ He says winking at me. Mark and I play around a lot, he calls me his wife and his my ‘husband’. But I would never ever date him, and plus he has a girlfriend, Melissa.

When we got to the beach it seemed as if everyone we knew was here, even Melissa and her friends. ‘OMG, don’t look back Rosy.’ Roberta said holding my arm tight.

I felt a cold hand reach in front of my eyes, ‘Guess who?’Carter whispered softly into my ear. ‘Let me see, could it be Carter?’ I say laughing. He gives me a tight hug and reaches for my pocket, he left something there.

Meet me at Melissa’s party tonight, important

- Carter.

The note he left in my pocket, worried me a little. What is so important that he can’t tell me now? The thought of that made me gag. Roberta and Luke looked at me and smiled, I blushed a little.

‘Hey guys, so I'm throwing this major party tonight, you all invited.’ Melissa says hugging us. We lay on the beach and tanned for a bit, for the first time I was happy.

From the corner of my eye, I saw carter and a couple of his friends leaving the beach. I looked down and I saw that he left his cap so I wore it for the rest of the day. ‘um, Rosy I don’t mean to sound like a douchbag, but don’t you think that you and Carter are moving too fast maybe?’ Roberta asks.

‘I know it was suddenly, but I love him, he loves me and we will see how this goes.’ I say. But for a moment, I started thinking. What if this is all a joke for him? What if he doesn’t even like me?

‘guys its getting pretty late we should go.’ Luke says looking at his watch.

‘Want to come hang at my house?’ I asked them. I need my friends to keep my mind busy so I don’t think about what Roberta said, which might or might not be true.

‘       I’ll come later, I have to get ready for the party first than ill come to your house.’ Roberta says.

Luke and I got ready at my house, I was wearing my  tight, black dress with red and black heals. My hair was straightened and I wore red lipstick. ‘Wow, you look amazing, This guy Carter is making you into a different person, in a good way.’ Luke said sitting on my desk chair.

‘Thank you, do you think this is too much?’I ask. I'm scared I look like Melissa or like a mean girl. ‘you look perfect!’ Roberta says walking in. She was wearing a white laced up dress with silver heals that look like Kim Kardashians.

‘Guys, I suggest you don’t take too long I passed by Melissa’s house now and it seems packed already.’ My mom said knocking on the door. We got

 

 

 In the  car and drove to her party. My mom parked a few houses before her house, and we got off. ‘Luke and Roberta, can I have a moment with Rosy, please?’ my mom said. ‘Sure.’ They both said and waited for me outside the car.

‘Rosy, please stay away from that boy Carter, we don’t think this is going to go well between you too.’ my mom said with a frown. ‘I will try although I don’t believe in this story.’ I said taking my jacket and getting off. My mom shook her head and left.

The party was so full, everyone was dancing and drinking even smoking. Although most of these guys are underage, they were doing drugs and drinking. I felt someone pull my hand and start to dance, it was Roberta. We were having so much fun dancing and having a good innocent time.

‘You sure having fun?’ someone said. It was carter he was wearing black ripped jeans a white t-shirt that said I’m in Miami, and theses black sneakers I love seeing him in.

‘Hey’ I said, and hugged him. We were all dancing and having so much fun. ‘have some? It’s a mixture of coke and soda.’ He says giving me a cup. I know I shouldn’t but I drank it anyways. It was nice.

Minutes later I was dancing in the pool with my dress and screaming and dancing like crazy, when Carter pulled me. ‘Where are you taking me?’ I ask laughing hysterically. But he didn’t answer; we climbed into a tree house and sat there.

‘the party seems awesome right?’ he asks handing me another drink. ‘Wait, what is this?’ I ask staring at it. ‘calm down, it’s just coke and soda.’ he says. I trust him and I drank it, that was my last memory, than i passed out completely.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4

I woke up, and I felt a sudden sharp pain in my neck, oh no! It was morning already. And I wasn’t even at Melissa’s house. ‘where am I, Carter?’ I ask looking around panicking.

‘You’re at my house, it’s okay.’ Carter’s sister says giving me her blanket. This is bad, my mom can’t find out about this, or else she is going to kill me. I was wearing someone’s clothes.

I put on my clothes and quickly brushed my teeth with my spare toothbrush. ‘I'm so sorry, I have to go now or else I'm toast. Ill wash the clothes and give it back to you.’ I say hugging her. She nodded and smiled, he was still sleeping though.

‘Roberta could you give me a ride to your house please?’ I say. When Roberta answered her phone she seemed worried but agreed to it.

 

I sneaked through the back door, and ran as quick as possible to avoid anyone seeing me. ‘What the hell are you doing in Carter’s house?!”she shouts in anger.

‘I don’t know, I don’t remember anything.’ I say and start sobbing. I was so confused and worried, maybe my parents were right? Was I that stupid to actually go to his house?

‘I had to lie to your mom and tell her that you slept over at my house.’ She says laying her head on the wheel

Luke reached for a hug and I lay on his shoulder and cried and cried. ‘It’s okay at least your safe now, can we go now robs?’Luke says still hugging me.

How could you?! �" me

I’m sorry for putting that thing on your drink �"Carter

Sorry doesn’t save it! I trusted you carter. L - me

That is when I realized that trust for him meant nothing, he never cared about me he cared about the fun me, the party me. but why would he do that? Especially to me.

 

As I arrived at Roberta’s house my phone ringed. ‘hello?’

‘um, I know you don’t want to talk to me right now but-‘

     ‘carter leave me alone! I trusted you and you spiked my drink so I could get drunk and pass out!’I said in anger.

     ‘I know I did wrong but please forgive me, I love you.’ he says. Those 3 words sank into my heart, for a moment I thought that’s so sweet, maybe he does love me. but then I snapped out of it and fell into reality.

    ‘Don’t ever call me again! You liar!’I said and hung up.

         I rested my head on my hands and breathed deeply in and out. ‘Rosy, I warned you about this guy, my parents don’t like him.’roberta said reaching for my hair and scrambled it.

         Iin life it is all about trust, trust is like an eraser the more you use it in the

end it eventually gives up. Moral of this story is be careful with who you trust, a liar is very good at its job.

© 2014 taytay14


Author's Note

taytay14
comment below? what you think of it?
-sorry i might have some grammar problems and spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on February 2, 2014
Last Updated on February 2, 2014
Tags: #teen, #drama, #romance

Author

taytay14
taytay14

johannesburg, gauteng, South Africa



About
i'm 14 years old, and i love to write novels, since i was 7 i started to write stories and i love doing what i do because some of these stories are based on actual things that happened. more..