After The Storm

After The Storm

A Poem by Tyree Johnson
"

It gets easier.

"

As the clouds come together the sky turns from a beautiful blue to a dark hazy grey. During this moment, the wind starts to rise, and you see dust particles start to upswing into the air around you. The storm begins to pick up and slowly gain speed, whilst the flag hanging on the pole violently ripples in the wind, as heavy rain pellets start to clang upon the ground. Lightning crashes in the distance. Soon after, the ferocious boom of thunder erupts and echoes through the air. The raging storm continues on.

Finally, the rain slows down. The lightning and thunder fade away in the distance. The sun slowly creeps its way through the sad dingy clouds and an extravagant rainbow forms in the remoteness. Such a beautiful thing came from such a vicious event.

In the end, beauty emerged from the darkness that the storm brought. I can honestly say life is the same way. Just because life is throwing an excessive amount of rocks at your glass house, just because life is looking fairly grim doesn’t mean it is the end. Don’t give up, don’t give in to the weight that is upon you. Stand up and fight until the end of your storm. Remember, you will see your rainbow, you will see the sun again. Keep your head up high, this is not your end.

© 2017 Tyree Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good philosophy. Though the storms be fierce, they all pass, sooner or later.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
1 Review
Added on December 10, 2017
Last Updated on December 10, 2017
Tags: storm, rain, imagery, hard times, life, depression