A Dandelion Wind

A Dandelion Wind

A Story by Timely Disposition
"

Things are often better than they seem. A lesson that is hard to learn.

"

 

She’s passive in her movements. So unsure of herself and every step she takes. I sat and wondered how bad the beating must have been that she doesn’t even believe her feet will take her where she wants to go. The dress she wears is so non-descript that even writing about it seems pointless. And, I don’t think her mouth even remembers how to smile. She’s seems to be crying every time I see her.
 
So why do I care? I don’t know her from Eve and yet I feel I have to watch over her. I feel like I have to be ready to stand in the way of the next person who wants to hurt her. I feel like her personal, unknown, superhero.   I am just sitting here, waiting for the moment, in which, I fly and in, save her, and possibly…oh God…possibly see a smile come across her face. 
 
I have made it a religious belief that one smile from her will push the gray skies into oblivion. The sun will shine and the moon will glow and all of the world will prosper from this. She’s just so pathetic on the outside. Not ugly. God no…not by any means. But definitely pathetic. That must mean that inside she holds the very power to make this world a better place. To make MY world a better place.
 
She must be getting tired because she doesn’t seem to be crying anymore. She bends down and picks up what looks like a stray kitten. I am a little far away, so I tactfully move closer. It turns out that said kitten is actually a handful of dandelions before the cottony part has blown away.   She studies them like a scientist. Beautiful, sad, strange as she was, I was still interested. I still wanted to know more.
 
She gives the weeds a good blow and the wind sends all of it back into her face and into her mouth. I gasp. This could be it, folks. It’s not often you see a stranger’s breaking point. She might just implode in front of my eyes. 
 
But life is better than that it would seem.   She sits down on the grass, coughs a little, and gives a little giggle. It was more of a shoulder shrug with a smile but it was a start. A smile! She has one. Then there were two shoulders shrugs and the next thing I new she was on her back laughing to the sky. 
 
There was two ways I could go here. Either, the woman has completely lost it or she has just finally found it. I bend down and snatch up another bunch of dandelions and I walk over to her. I stand over her and extend the weeds out to her. I tell her to try again because last time…the wind was trying to remind you that you were there.

© 2008 Timely Disposition


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on April 4, 2008

Author

Timely Disposition
Timely Disposition

Minneapolis, MN



About
PLEASE RANK ME at POETRY BLOG RANKINGS... Go to this link: http://www.poetryblogrankings.com/members/poet_home.aspx?pun=aplocido So, I have been dabbling in another art...PHOTOGRAPHY...tell me wh.. more..

Writing