prologue

prologue

A Chapter by Tehmee's~word

A muscle twitched involuntarily at the corner of my right eye, my mouth formed a rigid grimace. With arms folded tightly across my chest I tapped my foot nervously all the while staring out of the grimy window
I did a mental head count. One, two, three, four, five, i repeated those numbers in my head, a silly attempt to block out what the fat guy was saying.
The steel chair was beginning to feel uncomfortable, i felt a sharp pain on my butt.
One, two, three, four, five i repeated, five people would talk before i would, five people before i would tell the disaster that was the story of my life.
The fat guy that had been talking was crying now, the woman sitting beside him was holding his hand, trying to comfort him, she looked too old to be here, i thought, Too old to have the same probelm with the rest of us, she looked like she could be in her late fourties.
I prayed that an excuse to leave would come up, something, anything, an earthquake, a tsunami, even a freaking zombie attack, but i knew there were just wishes, they would never come true.

The old lady sitting beside the fat guy started sharing her story, I tried not to listen but i couldn't help but hear her start with an affair with a younger man, 'wow''i thought, so she's a cougar too, i wasn't surprised, seeing all the extravagant makeup she had on .
She didn't speak for long, just for about five minutes, i wasn't happy about that at all, someone like her should have more issues than the rest of us and besides that, my headcount had been reduced to just four people.
And they all spoke quickly, in about an hour, it was finally my turn to share my story, i pretended like i wasn't aware the girl beside me had finished speaking. I put my head down, feeling butterflies in my stomach.
"miss" the coordinator called out gently
"it's time for you to share your story, please start with your name and why you're here"
I looked up, staring into space, trying to ignore the eyes of everyone there focused on me, then i summoned all the courage i had and said
"Hi, my name is Annie, and i am a drug addict"




















© 2017 Tehmee's~word


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Freaking magic!!
I love how you wrote this like a writer should - freaking amazing !!!
More please !!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is the kind of writing I'm freaking talking about!! This is 10 times better than the writing of your vignettes. You have some grammatical errors here and there, and way too many commas (some should be periods or semi colons) and the part where it took 5 people an hour to speak and one of them only spoke for 5 mins is not so quick. Yes, you say that it the 5 mins was way too quick, but the hour afterwards for 4 more people is not particularly that quick (and I doubt someone in her state would know precisely how long has passed.....time moves differently when antsy). But on the whole, this is awesomely written! Well freaking done!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2017
Last Updated on October 30, 2017
Tags: romance, thriller, fiction


Author

Tehmee's~word
Tehmee's~word

Fct, Abuja, Nigeria



About
Aspiring writer Book and food lover 💏 Comments and criticism would be appreciated Follow my writing blog @tehmeesword.wordpress. com Thank you🙌👍👌💖😍 more..

Writing
Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Tehmee's~word


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by Tehmee's~word



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..