Domestic Abuse

Domestic Abuse

A Poem by ♥Sierra♥
"

A memoir

"

                              Every night,

   I could not sleep,

          They'd be fighting,

     Even in my D

                        R

                        E

                A

                                          M

              S

So I would stay up all night,

            Clinging to my Teddy,

            Praying to the Lord

      To keep my Mother breathing.

© 2009 ♥Sierra♥


Author's Note

♥Sierra♥
This is a true story about *me*

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Abuse leave us empty and scare. In so few words. Your fear and concern could be felt. A sad and very good poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the placement of words and the emotion in your poem. You should submit more poetry, great poem. Keep writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow. i think i loved this poem for many reasons, first of all, because I feel the pain, and especially since it is actually true. and because of how you created it the way that you did (with big font, spread out words, etc) i think it demanded more attention. Looking at the poem itself, I have to say my fave phrase would be "Praying to the Lord, to keep my mother breathing". I think that shows alot of the character of this poem. Overall, well done! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


ah wow, truck loads of sympathy hope to you!
your short poem has much power and emotion locked in to it, you've spent days and years wrapping up this present, using many different kinds of wrapping paper, getting cut by the scissors you used to cut it, getting so many pieces of tape stuck on you, but finally its sitting there on its pedastal nicely wrapped up and tied with a bow.
well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2009

Author

♥Sierra♥
♥Sierra♥

WA



About
Hello! My name is Sierra and my goal in life is to become an author! It is a great hobby of mine to write, and I have the faith in myself that I, one day, can get my book that's still in the writing s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Insanity. Insanity.

A Poem by Mimi


Emma Lee Emma Lee

A Poem by LivingDeath


Lost Me Lost Me

A Poem by J