Family is More Than Blood

Family is More Than Blood

A Chapter by Tessa Melendez
"

Lucifer and Skye are confronted by Damasen because Damasen figures out that Skye is Lucifer's daughter and he believes that they don't belong at Aerie.

"

    Sumaria left Lucifer to busy himself with the Nephilim.  Lucifer went in search of his daughter.  He walked through the sea of Hybrid and Nephilim bodies.  A hand gripped his boot tightly enough that he nearly fell.  He looked down and saw that it was a warlock with ruby horse eyes that were hard to look at.  She looked up at him, full of hope.  

    “Lord Lucifer,” she gasped.

    Lucifer squatted down beside her and she let go of him.  Blood trickled down from her temple and her nose.  Her armor was covered with dirt and blood.  Her long black hair lay in tangles behind her.

    “You killed Azazel?” she asked.

    Lucifer nodded.  “Did you serve him?”

    She nodded.

    Lucifer wiped at the blood on her temple.  “I’m guessing you are asking for redemption?”

    “There is no redemption for any being with the blood of Hell in their veins.” A voice snarled from behind Lucifer.

    The warlock’s eyes went wide, making it even harder to look at them.

    “Back away from the demon, Morningstar.”

    Lucifer stood and faced Damasen only to be kicked back down.  Damasen dug the point of his spear into Lucifer's neck but, Lucifer did not care.

    "I did not say to stand." the angel snapped. "I said back-away."

    "Lord," the warlock whispered.

    Lucifer's eyes flicked to her quickly.  He whispered to her mind, "I will be fine.  Don't give them any reason to harm you. Lay still."

    Lucifer looked back at his offender.

    "What are you doing here?"Damasen snarled.

    Lucifer stared at him stoically, refusing to satisfy him with an answer, knowing he'd probably die anyway.  

    Damasen pressed his spear deeper into Lucifer's throat.

    Lucifer raised his head a little to catch Damasen's cold gaze.  He poured contempt into his own gaze.  


    Damasen couldn't hurt him, he knew that.  Damasen knew that.  Even in Lucifer's exhausted state, he could still cause a lot of damage.  That Damasen has enough courage to confront the Morningstar, was an anomaly.  Lucifer nearly laughed at the thought.  He kept his face stoic, knowing it would annoy Damasen to no end.


    Damasen's lip curled in disgust.  "Bring her."

    An angel appeared a few feet away with Skye held prisoner by his divine blade.  She was struggling in his tight grip.  

    Lucifer kept his face calm as fear and anger boiled inside him.  


    "I saved her before I realized who she was.  Before I noticed the resemblance.  The same jade green eyes that no other angel or Nephilim has.  The same wings that no other angel has.  The similar faces." Damasen said, waving the other angel forward.  A cruel smile crawled across his lips.  "I wonder what she got from her mother."  He studied Skye. "Not that it matters of course.  The poor woman probably died the day the child was born.  Just like the others.  Didn't she?"

    Lucifer kept his face calm, betraying none of his emotions and kept his mind blank in case Damasen pried into it.

    "Amazing how you don't show emotion much, Morningstar.  You love your daughter, don't you?  You know that I can kill her easily, right?"

    Lucifer said nothing.  

    Damasen's spear pierced Skye's neck before Lucifer could even blink.

    Skye swallowed a yelp, her head tilted as far to the right as it could go without breaking her neck.  Her eyes were squeezed tightly shut, her breaths coming in gasps.  Blood flowed freely down her neck.

    "I like how you always torture others to hurt another person, Damasen." Skye snapped.

    Lucifer quietly smiled.  That's one thing she got from her mother.

    "Careful, Skye." Lucifer whispered to his daughter's mind.

    "Since when do you care?" she snapped back.

    "I've always cared.  You left me.  You believed me to be something I abandoned long ago." he replied.  "I am not Satan.  I know what Satan is like.  He has no care for anything at all.  He has no true soul.  At this moment, he'd be laughing and applauding Damasen.  He would finish you off along with the other Nephilim.  He'd make every street run with blood."

    Skye did not reply but, he knew she must be starting to understand.  Damasen turned back to Lucifer but, he made no move yet.  

    "What are you doing, Damasen?"

    "The Morningstar is here with his daughter." Damasen replied.

    "I let them come.  They saved Aerie." Lazerous replied from the far left of Lucifer.

    "They don't belong here.  You don't know if there is a secret plan in his head!  He could kill us all!" Damasen yelled, outraged.

    "He swore never to harm us.  As did his daughter.  They break that oath, they are to be killed immediately." Lazerous said, crossing his arms over his chest.  His DVD eyes swirled as he looked at Damasen with slight impatience.

    "An oath is not enough, Lazerous.  He led you and yours to this earth, despised by the Lord!  Never to see the beauty of Heaven again!  Yet, you trust him to live peacefully among your Nephilim!" Damasen growled.

    "It's called forgiveness, Damasen.  It's one of the things the Lord has used for all His creations since the beginning." Lazerous sighed.  

    Damasen seethed, the muscles of his shoulders and arms tensing, veins popping up along his arms.

    "Leave, Lazerous." Lucifer whispered to the leader's mind. "I will finish this."

    It took Lazerous a moment to reply, his jaw working. "I'm not the one who released him.  I will deal with his rescuer.  If you need me, call me."

    Lucifer shifted to get Damasen's attention.  Once Damasen turned, Lazerous flew away.  The spear point was back on Lucifer's neck before he could make another move.

    "You don't belong here.  Neither does she.  I don't believe in forgiveness when it comes to the Lord's greatest enemy." Damasen growled.  

    "No one asked you to forgive us." Skye said. "No one said that you would have that much kindness in you.  Don't you know that half the Nephilim and their angelic fathers would rather you be tortured to death?"

    "How dare you?" 

    Lucifer pressed his hands into his thigh and stood.  He rose to his full height, Damasen's spear still pushing against his throat.

    "How dare you?" Lucifer growled. "Really, Damasen? That's all you have?  You're going to pull that on me and my daughter?

    Damasen pressed the spear into Lucifer's throat, drawing a thick stream of blood, but Lucifer hardly flinched.  The pain was nothing to him in that moment.  He was determined to survive this moment with his daughter back beside him again.  


  "I can play that card too." he snapped, snatching Damasen by the throat.  "How dare you treat my daughter like she's some animal?  How dare you kill Nephilim just because you believe they don't belong here?  How dare you disrespect me because you believe I'm Satan?" Lucifer tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. "I believe that you should be dead.  Do you want to be dead just because I believe you should be?"

    Lucifer tightened his grip on Damasen's throat.

    The angel gasped for air like a fish out of water.

    Then, Lucifer relaxed his grip and let Damasen reply.

    "No." was all he choked out.

    "Good." Lucifer tossed Damasen aside like junk and turned to his daughter, his anger ebbing.


The angel that had held Skye captive had disappeared and left her unharmed.  Lucifer stood, watching as he waited for her to decide if she would say something, hug him, or walk away.

He knew his daughter well enough.  She didn't do sappy moments.  For the time that she'd been with him and loved him, he'd raised her to be strong in every way.  He wanted her to be able to protect herself and still live happily.  But, now that he had that, he wasn't sure he wanted it.


    She watched him too and he realized how much she looked like him.  It was like looking in a mirror, only what was reflected back was narrow-shouldered with longer hair and a slimmer face.  He could see her mother in her too.  In the arch of her eyebrows, the curve of her lips, the shape of her eyes.  It made Lucifer's heart break all over again.  He wanted Skye back.  He wanted her mother back.  He couldn't bear to stare at something he needed and not have it.  She needed to believe the truth; he wasn't who she thought he was.  Not anymore.


Skye spread her wings and took off.  Clearly, he couldn't have the one thing that he needed.  The one thing that kept him alive.  The one thing that kept his heart whole.  Lucifer was once more alone in his misery. 



© 2016 Tessa Melendez


Author's Note

Tessa Melendez
Kind of short but, kinda good. Reviews welcome. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on September 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 5, 2016


Author

Tessa Melendez
Tessa Melendez

Wilmington, DE



About
I am 20 years old and have been writing since I was 12 years old. I started as a story-writer, I'm more of a poet now. My stories have kinda fallen off and the poetry comes more easily now, more as a .. more..

Writing