Eulogy for Deborah Jean Stafford

Eulogy for Deborah Jean Stafford

A Story by temoralez
"

This is my own personal eulogy for my high school librarian Ms. Deborah J. Stafford.

"

I write this work to honor my former high school librarian and friend, Ms. Deborah J. Stafford. She is not forgotten.

 

I remember her as my high school librarian, but she was also a writer. I remember she came to nearly every meeting we had for Writers Group. She wrote a few things for us to read, but she also gave us helpful and encouraging feedback about our writings. She was always willing to help students. I believe she loved working with us students by helping and guiding us in any way she could. I will be honest in the fact that I didn't know Ms. Stafford very well, but I did know her. I remember how I learned about her passing from this world through a person's post on facebook. What shocks me the most was how disconnected from my fellow writers I had become. If there is something I've learned is to keep in touch with your fellow writers as well as your friends. Thank you for everything you've done for us, Ms. Stafford.

 

Rest in Peace

 

Deborah J. Stafford (1951-2010)

 

A link to an article from her hometown.

http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/2010/09/27/obituaries/03obit_09-27-10.txt

© 2011 temoralez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I remember her. She fed my love of writing and history and told me to go for it. Do you remeber that class paper I wrote about time in the form of a short story with two Celtic imortals watching history pass in one spot? It was called "Vercovicium" and it's still one of my fovorites. I remember her being so proud of it that she wanted me to continue the story and make it a book. She gave me a book to help me and I still have it. It's sad when think about it. A truely great person is gone from the world and all that is left is memories, one old book, and the people she inspired along the way. We will all make her proud.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Deborah J. Stafford died but left a legacy in you. Your expression of sentiment and meaning reflects your growth as a person and a writer.
Condolences, Missouri



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2011
Tags: Originally written November 25th, 2010

Author

temoralez
temoralez

Albuquerque, NM



About
My name is Tomas Esteban Moralez, but they call me Tomas. I enjoy writing, reading, creating stories & poetry. I like adventure, action, mystery, and thought-provoking genres. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by temoralez