Beyond the skin

Beyond the skin

A Story by Tess
"

Fate is a eighteen year old novelist seeking research for a fictional novel. She hears rumors about the residents living in the victorian mansion in her town and decides to descover the truth, the people living them aren't vampires. They are shape shifter

"

 

Igor, the second creature that settled in the Victorian mansion, sat beneath the elm tree beside his lady Latasha. She was an interesting organism of the Homo sapiens to have fallen in love with a creature so separate from her kind. Igor Jester appeared to be human but he had a malformation hidden beneath his bare skin. It was an interesting dialogue to hear when those two explained the plans they set forth before the sun set. They were not disturbed by my presence, or bothered that I documented their lives. It was my last day at the mansion and wrapping up my research was a hard thing to do. I had spent an interesting month with these wonderful living things. It’s too much a challenge to revive my fears that I had about them one month after.     
During a hot California day, I stepped on the unnatural green grass of the estate. Beyond the silver metal gothic fence, I did not know what lied ahead. I had heard crazy stories about sightings of vampires in this mansion and as a novelist I had to do research, I needed a background to build a fictional story on it. I stepped on the dirty welcome mat and knocked on the long white doors that made me feel like a defenseless miniature human. A few minutes later the door opened to reveal a young robust man sweating from a hard day’s work. His black silky hair was not damaged by the natural waters that his body produced and his eyes were hidden by black vintage sunglasses. My eyes had probably given it away that I felt attracted to him at once, and by the way I pursed my lips it most definitely confirmed it.
I stuttered almost immediately, “I...Uh...Hi, my names Fate”
            “Is there something I can help you with Fate…”
I thought about mentioning the rumors that were spread about the residents of this estate but my goal was to not cause disturbance. I remembered the white binder I held close to my chest and related it to my conversation.
“I have a couple of questions to ask you for a survey about young voting…Do you mind spending a couple of minutes to answer them?”
            The man with the fit biceps looked a little curious when I became hesitant to state the reason I knocked on the door. He shook his head free of his thoughts and agreed to do the survey. When I peered down to my binder to ask the first question I saw blue lines of nothing, it seems my imagination played a part in this one.
“Please come in…” I heard the man say,”It’s better to answer in a cooler environment, don’t you think?”
“Well yes, I suppose so…” I replied.
The brunette smiled and out came the sharp point of his canine teeth. Instantly I thought, vampire.
“Don’t worry…Fate, I don’t bite.”
            My black converses squeaked on the hard wood floors as he led me to the living room with a glass chandelier lighting up the room. It felt as if I entered a different era, the furniture along with the wall paper were 19th century. The salmon colored couch was comfortable yet very Victorian to the touch. The man who had the sharp teeth of a sharp sat by me only inches away, waiting for the unprepared questions I was to ask.
“If the president approved a bill to let Americans under the age of eighteen to vote would you be angry or would you agree?”
            The man took off his sunglasses to reveal baby blue eyes and a pearly white pupil. I was instantly overwhelmed by his eyes that I blocked out my surroundings. If the world was ending I would not notice, all I would see is that one mesmerizing feature.
“Look Fate, we both know you’re not here to ask questions, and the survey you want to give me does not exist.”
Those eyes… made me give an honest answer…
“There is no survey.”
“Why are you here?”
Again, I was honest,” To debunk a rumor, and to do research on vampires…”
“Do you think I am a vampire?”
“Yes.”
            He put on his sunglasses and like an eclipse those bright eyes were hidden. I was aware of reality after that, and also aware that his eyes were powerful beyond belief.
“What just happened?” I asked
He ignored my answer,” Maybe Fate, you should stay a night…it’s too dark to walk…”
            The sun had gone down, it was six thirty, and he was right.
“Just one night…”

© 2009 Tess


Author's Note

Tess
still working on the second chapter (: hope you liked it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on December 13, 2009

Author

Tess
Tess

CA



About
Hello, I�m guessing you randomly clicked on my name, or read my stories. I�ll introduce myself, my name is Tessa and I�m fifteen years old. I write fictional storie.. more..

Writing