November 20th, 2018

November 20th, 2018

A Poem by tarah morris

A year ago on October 31st, I lost a friend to suicide. 
For the year that I have known her, she was a bright, 
fun, sassy and energetic person. 
She was the third person to take her life 
away so young but 
I know she is in a better place now... 

As I sit here today, remembering her and the
other five students from my school district, 
that left so soon. 
Another tragedy struck on November 17th, 2018 
before Thanksgiving.
My brother lost a co-worker to a horrible thing. 

After hearing about it, it makes me wonder why 
is the world the way it is today.
Why are people so cruel and violent more than ever? 
Whatever happened to peace and kindness? 
I feel as if people are falling more and more away from
GOD and being consumed more by Satan... 
Is GOD not doing enough or are people just pushing him 
further and further away?

© 2018 tarah morris


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Tarah, I don't blame you for wondering why the world is in such a state.
In Matthew 24:9-13--19, Jesus tells His followers:
“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
Lawlessness will be increased. This increase has been slow, but steady.
Thus, I admit that evil is a problem and that if God created the world the way it is today, he would not be a God of love, but rather an evil God.
However, the Bible makes it plain that God did not create the world the way it is now. Evil came as a result of the selfishness of man.The Bible says that God is love, and He decided to make a person (and eventually, all mankind) that would love Him. But genuine love cannot exist unless freely given through free choice to accept God’s love or to reject it.
This choice made the possibility of evil become very real. When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they did not choose something God created, but, by their choice, they brought evil into the world. God is neither evil nor did He create evil. Man brought evil upon himself and, by inheritance, all of us, by selfishly choosing his own way apart from God’s way.
Because of the fall of man, the world now is abnormal. Things are not in the state that they should be in. Man, as a result of the fall, has been separated from God. Nature is not always kind to man,m and the animal world can also be his enemy.
There is conflict between man and his fellowman. None of these conditions were true before the fall. Any solution that might be given to the problems mankind faces must take into consideration that the world as it stands is not normal.
Although evil is here and it is real, it is also temporary; evil will eventually be destroyed. This is the hope that the believer has. There is a new world coming in which there will be no more tears and pain because all things will be made new (Revelation 21:5). Paradise lost will be paradise regained. God will right every wrong and put away evil once and for all, in His time.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 20, 2018
Last Updated on November 20, 2018

Author

tarah morris
tarah morris

Massillon, OH



About
I graduated from Perry high school in 2017. I was on the NTHS for two year and took graphic design for two year also in high school. I am now a full time student at Stark State College, majoring in Di.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5