THANK GOD FOR THE RAIN

THANK GOD FOR THE RAIN

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

An Appreciation and a Dedication

"
The first raindrops tap upon my bedroom window waking me out of my sleep. I rise out of bed to look past the curtains at the outside and the overcast sky above. Within minutes the grey moving clouds darken black triggering loud rumbling thunder and flashes of lightning.Anticipation.This is an exhilarating feeling.SHE is lying next to me still asleep unaware I am overwhelmed with ecstasy. I hover on top of her and gently begin to kiss the middle of her back. She is aroused and turns her head over to reveal more of her open neck. More tender kisses. I inform her that her neck is exactly three kisses long. She lets out a moan and a smile appears at the corner of her mouth.She is pleased to be touched again so soon...Drops of water rapidly increase against the widow.IT IS HERE.i love the rain.She reveals her naked body from under the sheets giving me an invitation to be touched again. I just want the taste of her body in my mouth. I dont tell her that but she sees the intentions on my face. There is no place in the world she is needed more than with me right now... inside I can hear waves of rain pounding against the house. Outside no one can hear the sound of two people making love. Kissing licking tasting touching. This is a primal and animalistic act we do that gives us both pleasure and pain. There are various words in different languages for what this is. I call it prayer. I think when we make love we are praying. Whether it's to God or some higher power we cant explain or to ourselves. We are thankful we are not alone.We are wanted and needed to serve our emotional needs. The person I am holding in my arms now I have prayed for all my life. I feel content. I feel grateful. I feel loved... The rain comes to an end. Every room in the house is quiet. The only signs of life in this home are the two of us breathing in bed. I love the rain. It is an aphrodisiac to my mind and body. She knows this and willingly embraces all my faults and idiosyncrasies. Although at the moment she is not up to date on tomorrow's forecast.Rain all weekend.

© 2017 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
I just wanted to write something on a emotional level about how much i love the rain. Whether enjoying it from your front porch or watching it from a window it doesn't compare to being with someone you love when the rain compels you to stay in for the day

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

ahhhh Thunderstorms and the power that exhilerates from them by his hand .. Always tantilizing terrifying and mesmerizinf not to mention that yes they can even trigger deep moments of intimacy with thin the security safety needing and belonging to LOVE and all that it represents UNITY of its deepest !

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

KCthelastboyscout,
"THANK FOD FOR THE RAIN"
It was very apparent in this poem, your love of the freshness and coolness of a rainy day. It is seen in your compelling feeling of the same theme with the loved one. Very telling.
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


Oh my, you are absolutely spot in here. How lovely!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this so much. Rain is my safe haven and the way you connect it to such a raw, humanistic act is beautiful!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ahhhh Thunderstorms and the power that exhilerates from them by his hand .. Always tantilizing terrifying and mesmerizinf not to mention that yes they can even trigger deep moments of intimacy with thin the security safety needing and belonging to LOVE and all that it represents UNITY of its deepest !

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful! It actually reads very poetically and flows super well. The imagery is gorgeous and I can feel the emotions that are trying to pour out. It's very powerful, and I love the comparison between the rain/storm and making love to someone you care about. It is really beautiful and simply inspiring.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is such a powerful piece. Storms are one of my favorite elements, and rain encompasses every emotion. I really enjoyed how you employed every drop of the storm in this writing. The waking with the lightning and thunder - all the anticipation. The rain arriving with the love making and driving the intentions and sensations higher - safety within the soundproof environment. You provide such a beautiful scene, it is almost heart wrenching, a moment in a secret fairy tale. It is touching, erotic and simply lovely. I could read this over and over again, except it would only have me longing for rain and these experiences for myself. So very, very well written.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I like the connection you have made between making love and the intense experience of he rain.
It works well.
Regards,
Alan

Posted 6 Years Ago


A lovely, emotional, calm and peaceful poem...
I saw the imagery of love, the raindrops and nature in general...
Well done, keep it up :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Not a bad write on a very over worked subject. Of course, to those involved , it is the greatest of God's gifts. But for humanity it is a very common occurrence. I liked the way you identified with the weather. That lightening flash certainly set you off! Nice details, but not too much, so some left to our imaginations. I hope she enjoyed what the weather forecasted!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I loved this read. Nothing is sweeter than the smell a fresh rain and a new love budding.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

926 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 25, 2017
Last Updated on June 25, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Person My Person

A Story by pia