WHY ME

WHY ME

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

A short, short story

"
"OH NO...THIS CANT BE HAPPENING.NOT NOW.NOT NOW...NOOO.WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?...I NEED YOU...PLEASE.I CANT DO THIS WITHOUT YOU.JUST...NOOO ...OK...OK...LETS BREATHE...ONE TIME.I JUST NEED YOU ONE TIME...PLEASE...the key in the ignition turns.the engine of the car stutters then wails and finally...silence...YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING...WHY ME?

© 2017 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
It's funny now when you can write about it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"WHY ME"
KCThelastboyscout,
The feeling is apparent here; what do we feel when out cars will not start. We depend on them. I see the step by step and process of hoping and even begging for your vehicle to do what is asked. Funny, of course, as an inanimate object is deaf to any pleas.
I enjoyed this layering of inner thoughts regarding the hopes placed on transportation. A fun one!
blessings,
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


A really easy story to relate to very good job I enjoy these snippets of what someones inner voice says I will look forward to reading more of your work

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm sure many can relate to this one.. nicely penned..

Posted 6 Years Ago


ah hahaha I thought someone was breaking your heart for a moment there. Oh boy I have done this a few times with my first car. Always would feel like a heart break when I thought I had to walk home.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I love this piece! I wasn’t sure where it was going at first...this has happened to the best of us! Relatable, funny, truth, and full of emotion! Well done!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


lol Oh my, the dreaded please start story. And with today's cars rolling them off really isn't an option :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


It took me a few reads to get this and then I understood. Very good. I like it when you are led down a path and then you realise you've been 'had'.
Well done for such a tastly little gem!.
Cheers,
Alan

Posted 6 Years Ago


Oh man I've felt that panic in the dead of winter after I left my lights on all night. You conveyed the panic perfectly.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Been there, done that. Great short story! Gave me a smile.

Posted 6 Years Ago


So creative! I love the style and the surprise, keep writing and sharing with us!

Posted 6 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

465 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 4, 2017
Last Updated on September 4, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lucy Lucy

A Story by Samuel Dickens


Love Smoke Love Smoke

A Poem by Paul Bell