LOVE DURING A HURRICANE

LOVE DURING A HURRICANE

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

What do you do when you're trapped inside your home due to high rising water and four days of continuous rain...you write

"
Gray clouds, above the city, instantly disappear with the emergence of a conquering night sky. Thunder and lightning proceed after, the warning signs of an early-morning disaster. An opening drizzle turns to a heavy rain which turns to something more. Something unexpected. The city is unprepared for what is to come... We are home. You and I are immune to the outer world and rising waters. The power is still on and we are thankful.But it's not needed. No lights. No tv. No radio. Just quiet animals to ourselves. This is our time of intimacy. We can't take our eyes and hands off each other. Conversations are scarce. We say I love you with our bodies. We have physical communication and we are thankful... After several days the rain ceases. The burning star appears once again to dominate the heavens. The damage is done. Falling trees and phone lines. Shattered windows and damaged utility poles. But the story is the water. Everywhere. Covering freeways and open streets. Inside of apartments and houses destroying everything of value. Flooding hospitals and public buildings. The water has drowned this city. But the rain has stopped. The skies have cleared. Lives were taken but at the same time lives were saved. Strangers became heroes. I watched it all from my television. I was surrounded by water but it did not reach my door. I was spared the destruction of an unstoppable force of nature. All of this I went through alone. Only my imagination and memories of someone no longer in my life aided me in my isolation. In my time of absolute loneliness, I was spared. And I am thankful.

© 2017 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
A true story mixed with a sprinkle of fiction

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The very world you know crumbling mixed with passion. Nice write! When stripped from our earthly materials love is all that’s left!
Good message too!
Tabby

Posted 6 Years Ago


Very nice story, packed with imagery and feelings as if the readers themselves were there as well. It is true how some misfortune can turn out for the better

Posted 6 Years Ago


damn that sounds.... amazing KC

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2017
Last Updated on October 11, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..