A FEW MINUTES OF PLEASURE IN THE MORNING

A FEW MINUTES OF PLEASURE IN THE MORNING

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

Adoration can lead to love, but first introduce yourself

"
And so, here we go again. She and I. Alone, just the two of us. And the other passengers invading our daily morning commute by train.But they are not important. I am oblivious to them all.There's only HER.Short, blonde pixie hair.Blue eyes.Those lips,shaded with lipstick,the color of tangerine.Who could ever be born to be this beautiful.But here she is.And she's mine...Well...I want her to be...Since the first time I saw her a few days ago riding the train,I can't get her out of my mind. At home. At work. The image of her face is with me. I wonder what it's like to know her? To be her friend? To know what her dreams are? Would she accept a guy like me? I never saw a ring on her finger but is she with someone anyway? No. Don't think that way. She belongs to me. I can be the man of her dreams. The person she's been waiting for all her life.At least I can be.I want to be.I can look her in the eye and tell her all these things. If she would just look at me... The train begins to halt. Our commute comes to an end. This is our mutual stop. We both begin to rise from our seats and gradually walk toward each other. This is it. Today will be the day. The previous days since I first saw her don't matter anymore. I will introduce myself and we will begin a new journey together from this point forward. We arrive at the same time at the side door exit. Our eyes meet. She smiles. "Hello my name is Emily. I'm glad to finally be talking to you." Say something. "GOOD morning. " I respond. "Hold on...sorry." Emily points to her ear.Bluetooth.She's on the phone. I give her the courtesy of walking off the train first. I watch her continue to walk away until she is out of sight. I am embarrassed. I wallow in my own self-destruction. But then I realize, there's another day. Tomorrow. I will be ready. Better prepared. I will be overwhelmed with courage. Emily, my love. Tomorrow you will be mine. Wait...Didn't i say all of this yesterday?

© 2017 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
Thank you E. for being the inspiration for this story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i could really visualize this, and i have a thing for taking the train and imagining what people are thinking. this spoke to me, nice work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this a lot. Too bad how we often struggle to make that first contact. I might interest you in a story I wrote pretty much along the same lines. It is somewhat longer than yours though. It's posted here: Turn About

Take care - Dave

Posted 6 Years Ago


Almost! I thought he'd finally made real contact with the desirable lady, and then... Well, he'll not give up, at least. A great little story, my friend.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Haha i like the little twist there! Nicely executed!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Well done! The internal struggle in his mind to try and be confident enough to just talk to this beautiful woman who he sees every morning. I did not get a stalker feeling like the other reviewer. I got the impression that he is trying to convince himself to try. To try and say hi, to try and be noticed, to be good enough for the attention of Emily. He finds Emily so beautiful that it is consuming his thoughts but not to the point of stalking. Sure, the thoughts can seem extreme but I did not get any malice when he says that she is his. That is just his desire and you are reading his thoughts without any filters.

I really enjoyed this and can commiserate with the internal struggle. I have met a beautiful girl at a restaurant that I would like to talk to but so far I have only eaten there 4 times in two weeks, just so I can see her again. Excellent job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


The story is great and I for some reason could not shake off an eerie feeling, reading it. Was I reading the mind of a stalker? Is this how they go on to develop obsessions that begin innocently enough yet often lead to chilling crimes when they feel suddenly let down. The ending was brilliant and his feelings of dissappoinment and hope were very well expressed ! An awesome read! Thanks.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

441 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 18, 2017
Last Updated on October 18, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..