THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US

THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

long distance romance...or what could be

"
So far away. Many miles between us. I think of you. In my mind. In my heart. There is something coming alive inside of me that once hid in darkness. If love is eternal light, let it shine upon my body. Let my skin absorb the rays and reach down to give light to the loneliness of my soul. Give me life again. No matter where you are, look up at the sun. Look at the brightest star at night. That's my connection with you. The messages we exchange with each other are lifelines. Someday, somehow we will meet. The promises we made to each other will be kept. We will take an unknown journey together.All my sins and flaws will be washed away.You have made me clean again. Although we are apart, I can feel your love reach out and touch me like a cool breeze on a warm day. Across roads and highways.Cities and countrysides.Over mountains and great lakes and across the deepest oceans.The distance between us is measured through time and space. But I can close my eyes and imagine being at your side at a moment's leisure. Looking in your eyes. Holding you in my arms.Telling you the three words that make you smile most.Then...we kiss. ...My god...I've waited so long to find you.

© 2017 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
Dedicated to someone who is too far away to touch but not far enough to touch my heart

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is beautifully written and I love the Author's Note!

Posted 5 Years Ago


" Give me life again. No matter where you are, look up at the sun. Look at the brightest star at night. That's my connection with you."

This really, really spoke to me. There is nothing more poignant than the connections we hold dear - so tenuous and so vulnerable, and yet to tremendously powerful. You convey this ache, loneliness and hope so well in this piece. You positively nailed it.

I think what I really enjoyed most about this piece is the positive affirmations. It didn't close on the "never been and never will be," no, you choose to believe, to hold on to hope. It adds power to your words and emotions. It makes my own heart flutter with possibilities that I have long set aside. Beyond the love and long distance relationship aspect, this really speaks to me on an adventurous level, as well.

Exceptional work, my friend!

Posted 6 Years Ago


So well written and the true emotions flows like a crystal clear river..Beautiful in every way...You are a very good writer. Not always easy to write about one´s personal feelings in a poem/story form. I really love it and you are right, because it does reminded me in many ways of my own poem Surreal Love. Well done!!! :-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Love knows no bounds. It flies free across earthly zones and distant realms. Beyond the physical. Your words are very inspiring here...

Posted 6 Years Ago


absolutely wonder full of love great passionate passages your love is so evident... great work!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


awwww KC... every word really got to me thank you for writing such a pretty piece

Posted 6 Years Ago


Long distance relationships are true hardships and you captured that in this. It's such a beautiful piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


What a beautiful expression to someone you care for that is far away. It is full of passion and longing..well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This piece really touched me. Distance can be the hardest thing to overcome when the person you love is so far away. But knowing that, love and hope are the greatest gifts between two souls that are meant to be together. Happy writing KC!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

428 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 2, 2017
Last Updated on November 2, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..