THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE

THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

It's all in my head

"
These are my remains.Broken and fallen. Where is the spark inside of me to make me rise up and continue with this life? There has been a lifelong war between myself and my inner darkness. The darkness is winning. I feel defeated and i expect it will be near time to surrender. There will be no prisoners of war. This is life-or-death. So here I am,waiting patiently for the grim reaper to claim the spoils of war. My body and soul...The significance of my life will not affect anyone. I will not be remembered. I will not be missed. The window is open. The door is unlocked. Maybe death will take human form and welcome itself inside to take what is his. Or maybe... A sight to behold. My body will break down piece by piece until it grinds itself into a pile of dust. A strong breeze rushes through the window and simply blows the pile away. Whatever was there before, is no longer...

© 2017 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
Just how I've been feeling lately, not to be taken literally

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't recall where I heard or read this I know it was during someones' time of crisis: What they said was:"This too shall pass." Despite the darkness we find ourselves mired in somewhere, somehow, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Let me suggest a short story I wrote that is posted here: Strange Visitor.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I understand. I know this darkness intimately. Sending you light to ease the care worn night and healing heart.

Posted 6 Years Ago


You've powerfully conveyed the pain and despair so many individuals experience, especially in youth and times of crisis. This poem, the mere thought and effort in writing it, is the essence of HOPE. It shows the human spirit is capable of overcoming anything. Keep writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


sometimes we want to die to ease our pain to make it all disappear... if you can stick it out somehow, maybe in a month a year or two you will be overjoyed that you are still alive to experience the good tidings that will come your way.. this is so heartbreaking never give up
you told me that and saved me....

Posted 6 Years Ago


The holidays can brew a strange atmosphere that does the opposite one would imagine,
Sad....
Re read these lines and see if you see an edit...
"There will be no prisoners of war. This is life-or-death. So here I am,waiting patiently for the grim reaper to claim the spoils of war. "

Posted 6 Years Ago


So much darkness embraces us.. And so the only thing left to hope for is deaths sweet hug.. Yet life hasn't given up on us as we have on it.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
6 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 6, 2017
Last Updated on December 6, 2017