THIS BIRD NEEDS TO FLY

THIS BIRD NEEDS TO FLY

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

breaking free of safe dreams

"
Cold days. Colder nights. Familiar sights and sounds of a small town. It's all here. Every day. The Stage Stop and Two's Company. Family restaurants. Nora Plaza and Lakeview Berry Farm. Hodges Place. Good people. Good values. But dreams stay trapped here and die a slow death. ..This bird is ready to fly. Away from this place. Up to the sky and beyond the clouds. The journey is unknown but the destination is a new world with bigger dreams. It's now or never. The town that's left behind is no longer in view. As high as the sun flying across the rivers, roads and highways. Home is now a distant memory and far away...

© 2017 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
Inspired by a beautiful girl up north. Creepy but sweet

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm not creepy, very good, I can relate from my past and really stroke a chord with my current job situation xD in some ways

Posted 6 Years Ago


Would this be the same person who inspired your story about the quiet one? The message here rings true. There's no place like home, but we need to get away and spread our wings.

Posted 6 Years Ago


There's a lot of truth in this story. Home is where we feel the most safe and secure, but staying put only limits what we can do.

Posted 6 Years Ago


wow! very nicely written and wonderful imagery.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This reminds me of the last picture show. The same feeling pervades each line.

Well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


a wonderful piece of writing! you have so much feeling in your works

Posted 6 Years Ago


I will have to disagree with you. It is not creepy at all. I like it very much and relate to it in so many levels. Although I am a bird from the South and ready to fly. It is a great piece of writing! Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2017
Last Updated on December 16, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..