TRIANGLE

TRIANGLE

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

new love and old love and mutual love caught in between

"
THE EX: Hey,what's up (She picked this guy?)
THE NEW GUY: Hey man.What's up? (Well, this is going to be awkward)

THE EX: So you and her doing ok? (Just seeing what's up)
THE NEW GUY: Yeah we're good ( it's none of your business and no she doesn't want you back)

THE EX: Does she talk about what happened with us alot? (She's always blaming me why we broke up)
THE NEW GUY: Not really (Yes she does talk about what happened and yes she does blame you)

THE EX: What's good with you? You alright? ( Damn. I didn't want to talk this much)
THE NEW GUY: I'm good.Things are really going all right for me ( Why do you even care?)

THE EX: All in all, she's a good girl you know. Don't mess up like I did. Hold on to that. Too many wolves out here ( If I just get one more chance...)
THE NEW GUY: Yeah I understand. But we're good ( I think he's telling me don't mess up or he's going to try to get her back...)

SEVERAL MINUTES OF UNCOMFORTABLE SILENCE FOLLOW...

THE EX: ( I wonder if he's getting it like I used to?)
THE NEW GUY: ( I wonder if she likes it better with me than with him?)

HEADS ARE LOOKING DOWN.SIDEWAY GLANCES...THIS IS A STALEMENT

THE EX: Well let me get out of your way. I just seen you and I wanted to say what's up ( Let's see how long this lasts...)
THE NEW GUY: Yeah man. I'll be around. Take care ( Now I got to keep an eye on this guy...)




© 2018 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
Just writing from experience from both sides of the coin

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Spices in the grill! Loved it😊

Posted 6 Years Ago


Your sense of humor peers through the story , still very civil and very gentlemanly! Very interesting writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


i like the hidden thoughts of the ex and the new guy. It is like playing a chess game, who will emerge as the winner or in the end realizing is it worth it after all.

Posted 6 Years Ago


A conversation piece. This is new to me, but I liked it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Enjoyed the dynamic you captured here. The two almost felt as if they may have been friends of some sort once. This makes me want a sequel. Lol great write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sometimes well never quite know the answers especially if you weren’t open and honest with eachother- sometimes regret comes too late- well written 🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


Good writing, natural conversation has balance and energy

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2018
Last Updated on March 12, 2018


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silent Echoes Silent Echoes

A Poem by Chris