(SMILE 😊) I'M FINE THANK YOU

(SMILE 😊) I'M FINE THANK YOU

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

when you look at your reflection, you see who you really are.when other people see you, you want them to see someone else

"
CO-WORKER: "Good morning.How are you?"
ME: (SMILE😊) "Good morning.I'm fine thank you."

**Why do you even care?... Actually, would you even care at all? If I pulled you aside to talk in private, would you really listen? You couldn't possibly imagine what I'm going through and I don't care to make you understand**

CO-WORKER: "Why don't you smile more? You always look so serious."
ME: (SMILE 😊) "Yeah you're right.Sometimes I don't even notice."

**Wow,I wonder.If you're looking at me and how unhappy I am doing my job, how much of your work is getting done watching me all the time**

CO-WORKER: " I hope you have a good weekend."
ME: (SMILE 😊) "Thanks.You too."

**This is going to be my routine.Eat.Sleep.Watch tv.Go to the bathroom.Repeat...Maybe there's something on Netflix I can binge watch**

STRANGER: "This is the kind of weather we should be thankful for.God is smiling on us."
ME: (SMILE 😊) "I think he is.I hope it lasts awhile."

**Please don't talk to me about God.Just...Walk...Away**

CASHIER: "Did you find everything you were looking for?"
ME: (SMILE 😊) "I did.Thank you."

**No I didn't and you didn't even look up to talk to me.Its ok. I wouldn't pay attention to me either**

MY ELDERLY NEIGHBOR: "...and how are you? I haven't seen much of you lately.Are they working you too hard on your job?"
ME: (SMILE 😊) "Sometimes I feel that way.But I'm ok.I look worse than I feel."

**I wouldn't dare tell you any of my problems because you have so many of your own.I can't talk you, but I'm always glad to see you**

MY REFLECTION (looking at me) "Life can get better.You're going to be ok.Youre stronger than this right?"
ME: (looking in the mirror 😢) ...I can't stop crying...

© 2018 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
Depression is a war.When you try to fight it, it takes so much out of you...I don't have much fight in me now

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a relatable and tragically beautiful read

Posted 5 Years Ago


This is very powerful. We never know what goes on in peoples' heads. The face we show to others isn't the face we show when we're alone. You have so many wonderfully-expressed sentiments in this poem, and they've all gotten me thinking about my own interactions and life.

Posted 5 Years Ago


the irony of truth is small talk like how are you? is just being polite and nothing more. And that is tragic. Behind a massive smile is a sad soul, looking for help!

Posted 5 Years Ago


wow! I really loved this poem. i can relate and understand on a personal level. depression is not an easy thing. great write (:
Angela

Posted 5 Years Ago


Im sure most of the people here can relate to this. I can, too. If one has managed to survive so far, he should just keep faith amd it'll all be fine in the end.
A very emotive write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


it is a sad poem actually. can't say anything else.

Posted 6 Years Ago


"Why don't you smile more? You always look so serious." "This is the kind of weather we should be thankful for.God is smiling on us." "Life can get better.You're going to be ok.Youre stronger than this right?"

I do not understand why one would ask these questions. For me, I'd either answer with my signature stare or would respond "I frown when I think, I'm not an emoji." And for the god one I'd say I'd be thankful for the opposite, and then for "Life can get better.You're going to be ok.Youre stronger than this right?" I'd ignore the mirror because the mirroring reflection of you isn't the one living in the moment.

This is a very emotional and powerful writing. One that is expressed often today and still people persist to be blinder and deafer than those with it - which just proves those often that lack a sense have more sense than those that do.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This holds so much feeling... I don’t want to sound cheesy, but I relate to this so much I got chills. I hope you can use your writing as an outlet and hope it makes you feel better

Remember that you are loved by so many people and respected by many more.

s p r e a d y o u r w i n g s a n d f l y f r e e

Posted 6 Years Ago


Oh my KC, here’s a big virtual hug for you my friend. The words within this piece seem to be a cry for help, so please know that I am here should you need someone to talk to. As you know I have alot on my plate right now but I will always do my best to find time to listen should you need a friend.

Please take care and let me know that you are OK.

Blessings, 🙏
~ hsg



Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Hahaha...... the expressions and emoji was bonded! The last line was even more than that, it feels good when you're able to console yourself not the others who cares only from the outer surface.
Creative writing........

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
10 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 31, 2018
Last Updated on March 31, 2018