LOOK IN MY EYES WHEN YOU TELL ME YOU LOVE ME

LOOK IN MY EYES WHEN YOU TELL ME YOU LOVE ME

A Poem by KCthelastboyscout
"

actions speak louder than words

"
You say you love me a thousand times...

You say I LOVE YOU as you roll over in bed
You say I LOVE YOU as you walk out the front door
You say I LOVE YOU as you run out of the car late for work
You say I LOVE YOU on the note you leave on the refrigerator door because you're out...somewhere
You say I LOVE YOU as we hug and our faces are turned away from each other
You say I LOVE YOU and don't pay attention when I intentionally don't say it back

The NEXT time you say you love me, STOP what you're doing and LOOK me in the eyes. SAY the words and make me feel it. So I will NEVER doubt it.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

© 2018 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
A woman's perspective being taken for granted

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How powerful a statement! Saying it and meaning it are so different. It's true there is so much more to it than just the words.

Take care - Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


Words can be cheap at times. Emotion has to come through, or better still you can tell someone you love them by your actions. Small actions can say a great deal about how you feel about someone. Nicely composed KC.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


We use words daily, but to feel them is a gift. I believe it is why we were all given different languages, so we would learn how to teach and love with action and purpose. Good sights and feelings here!

Posted 5 Years Ago


so meaningful, sometimes words just don't mean much and love just needs to be felt beyond words.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Wonderfully written...very thought provoking. Many people forget that 'thinking or saying' a word like 'LOVE' is not the same as feeling the emotion 'LOVE'. If there is no 'connection' between the two when professing love in a relationship...then what is the purpose? LOVE is not simply a 'word' when applied to an emotional bond between two people. It defines the feeling. It embraces it. Thank you for sharing...
Soft smiles for you...
Ahnjolie

Posted 5 Years Ago


so true from the perspective of women, a good writing KC

Posted 5 Years Ago


Great message in this poem KC. We say “I LOVE YOU” ( very effective use of capitalization and repetition) so many times that these most important words are in danger of becoming almost vacuous. How many ways can we devalue a phrase that should be held in highest reverence? .... Dramatic commanding and imperative lines demand more than ‘just the words’. “STOP...and LOOK me in the eyes.” MEAN the words. Never take love for granted. Bravo!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Lovely premise here; I love the stylistic choices you made in presenting these words. Very true that actions speak louder than words :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


True actions speak louder than words. Anyone can say they love you and not mean it. But your actions say more.

Posted 5 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

632 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2018
Last Updated on August 4, 2018


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..