A MOTHER ALWAYS KNOWS...

A MOTHER ALWAYS KNOWS...

A Poem by KCthelastboyscout
"

the only person who knows you better than yourself

"
... when you're fake sleeping ( eyes closed but not asleep)
... when you're faking to be sick ( she knows the difference)
... when you really are sick (she knows the difference)
... when you don't feel like talking, but you really do (she's patient enough to wait for you to come to her)
... when you are not telling the truth ( your eyes, some facial gesture or some body movement always gives it away)
... no matter where you are or how long you been away, you're not going to be eating as well as a good home cooked meal
... when you're talking on the phone something is wrong and even though you tell her nothing is wrong ,she knows... something is wrong
... which boyfriends and girlfriends are for fun and which boyfriends and girlfriends are for marriage (but you still don't want to hear it)
... when you don't have enough of something that you need and too much of something that you didn't
... when you need a hug even though you didn't ask for it (she has to let go before you do)

... she won't be around forever, but she hopes she remains forever in your heart...

© 2018 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
I prefer mama over mom mother mommy ma and all the others I can't think of right now. Even though physically I'm over a foot taller than she is and in my 40's when she calls me by my full name I still have to snap to attention :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is so true, nicely said

Posted 4 Years Ago


so true! A mother's love is the first a child will feel! so precious and sets the tone for their future loves, especially if they have a son. I am learning.

Posted 4 Years Ago


dear KC... the Wonderment of a Mother’s love... we always know from the time you are born, there will be a time, we will share you with the world... however, we know there are special breathless moments that we share that never compare between a child and a Mother... we are always “Mama”. truly, Pat

Posted 5 Years Ago


And that will always be the case mothers are here for a purpose and that is to nurture their children this poem tells it all

Posted 5 Years Ago


KC - what you say is so true. I see it so clearly in the interaction with my two daughters, now grown up, and their mother. The love they share is wonderful to see even though one of them is many miles away. Its' amazing how close the telephone can bring them together.
Thank you for the reminder - Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading this. I think my Mom knows me better than I know myself. I cherish every minute I have with her! Nice write!

Posted 5 Years Ago


How right you are! Children never get away with anything with Mom around, and too often fail to realize, she's lived it; therefore, nothing is new to her. You've captured the truth in poetic form. Nicely done! :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


It's an instinct thing; I don't even realise it most of the time.

Your words almost perfectly describe something I had always though impossible to capture.

Thank you.

Beccy.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hey, KC--nice to see you! Well, the back of your head, anyroad...
As a mother, I can tell you that you are RIGHT! And another thing; we really DO have eyes in the back of our heads. They are just invisible. I used Mama, also, as did my kids when young. They use 'Mum", now.

Posted 5 Years Ago


"Mother" is your first soul mate...so why wouldnt she know more about you than yourself? We tend, we prepare, and yes We call you by your name. Love your mama fiercely...she is the most important life force of all.

Posted 5 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

550 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 27, 2018
Last Updated on September 27, 2018


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Before I Go Before I Go

A Poem by Neville